“Always delicious!”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Always delicious! Would definitely recommend a visit as the atmosphere is always buzzing. Great to have a fantastic, local Indian. Good for parties and romantic meals.

1  Thank EmG89
There are newer reviews for Purbani

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I like the Purbani and have been going there since they took over from the Stockbridge Peking. I agree with most of the positive comments and have to say that over the years they have been remarkably consistent in their service, standard of food and ambience. Given some of the choices around Andover they are above the average. The offer of a free drink whilst collecting a takeaway or a liqueur if sitting in is appreciated. If I had one criticism its that on occasions their rice and poppodoms are a bit off the mark. Overall its great and I am happy to be a regular.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We have just returned from a delicious Purbani Meal. 5 different starters and mains, all delicious.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

We have recently moved to Stockbridge and decided to order a take away after reading the good reviews for this restaurant. On a positive note we got free poppadoms and two bottles of beer however the poppadoms looked and tasted like they had been cooked for hours, they were soggy and had patches of fat dried on them. I ordered a Lamb Naga with Mushroom rice for my main meal and was very dissapointed. This was not a cheap dish but when I opened the foil container it was just about half full. I counted the pieces of lamb at Four! the sauce was supposed to be hot (spicy) but I'm afraid turned out to be quite tasteless. All in all a dissapointment all round. In future I will make the extra journey to Winchester.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Booked this restaurant while staying nearby. Contemporary restaurant, nice leather seating. Good service, great food and a complimentary zambuka or baileys at the end. For £50 for two a great place to eat...