“Great evening out with family & friends”
Review of Purbani Restaurant

Purbani Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 79 Restaurants in Romsey
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Purbani, The Romsey Tandoori At the Romsey Purbani we have been serving our customers for over 27 years. This award-winning Indian restaurant on Bell Street, in the heart of the ancient and Indian Food in Romsey prosperous market town of Romsey, continues to be an icon of Indian cuisine and excellent dinning in the town and throughout the county. Excellent Indian Cuisine in Romsey Our head chef and his team provide a classic combination of expert knowledge, unique culinary experience and traditional values that combine to provide the best of Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine. The Romsey Purbani offers an excellent dining experience with effortlessly charming staff, friendly service and tantalising food that few can compete with. Ths is the combination that has ensured our clientele have returned to us again and again.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Wow Purbani was busy - was just buzzing .... We've been here numerous times and its always good so we were pleased to see them being so popular even during hard times.

Very wide range off the menu...some special dishes need 24hrs notice...but we often go for a pre configured meal for "x" people and have never been let down.

Staff are friendly - the boss keeps a close eye on service and always finds time to chat.

Family chain - Botley, Romsey, Stockbridge. Been around for 20+ years.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Really good food, attentive waiters and pleasant surroundings with easy parking in the centre of Romsey. The free sambouka at the end made suree I left with a smile on my face. Happy with price too.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

If I choose to eat Indian style I normally go to Purbani but for some reason not been for a while. The food was up to its usual excellent standard but oh how things have changed. Purbani has undergone a refit and as smart as it looks it has suddenly become very echoey to the point where we had to shout at one another to be heard above the cacophony of voices. In addition the waiters were surly and impatient. Granted it was busy but that shouldn't mean that good customer service goes out the window. I literally had the menu snatched out of my hand, and was completely ignored twice by one guy.He had an ear piece in whereby he could communicate to the kitchen but was so busy talking into it that he walked right past as I put my hand up and said 'excuse me' as I was still waiting after 30 minutes for the jug of water we had requested on arrival. Sorry we didn't leave a tip - first time ever as I have always done in the past and been greeted with cheery hellos, this was all sadly missing.

1  Thank Debs081
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Compared to most of my other reviews on this site, I'm going to keep this pretty short....go eat there!

My family have been regulars here for over 15 years and we always have a bit of a giggle as they know us because I always ask for no coriander!

Lovely chaps that run the restaurant and you always get a free lager when you pick up the takeaway. The refurb has gone well too although the waiting area is interesting when it gets busy!

Yeah sure, the spice etc can vary from chef to chef but having travelled parts of India, the flavours and textures you get here are truly authentic, good value for money and I have yet to find anywhere in the UK better! (Well apart from The Cinnamon Club!!)

If you want good, honest food it's a must try!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

27 years and still going strong ! This is a popular regular with many people and does an excellent take-out trade