“Excellent visit”

Ranked #1 of 79 Restaurants in Romsey
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In the heart of Romsey, the Suan Thai restaurant has been serving authentic Thai cuisine since 1997. Choose from a wide selection of original dishes, prepared by our award-winning chef and served with traditional Thai hospitality. We endeavor to make your dining experience with us one to remember, we don’t implement double sittings, you can stay and will want to all night. If you are celebrating a special occasion let us know (we have been known to embarrass the odd person celebrating a birthday). If you have any special dietary requirements please let us know at the time of booking and we will do our best to accommodate them.
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We visit the Suan Thai probably every other month for either a meal or a take away and we consistently receive good food and service. The latest visit after Christmas was a very welcome change to Turkey etc. The staff were as good as ever and Lang greeted as if we were long lost friends! The starters we had were excelent and my duck dish was delicious. I would seriously recocommend the restaurant too anyone who wants a quality, value for money meal.

Suan_Thai, Owner at The Suan Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad you continue to visit us and that you enjoy the food and hospitality at the restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Suan Thai Restaurant

Reviewed January 7, 2013

On my second visit to the restaurant I was yet again truly satisfied with my dining experience! My husband and I do not often eat Thai food so were glad of advice from our friends on the dishes to sample. Each dish was beautifully presented and left taste buds tingling! The service was outstanding all evening, not once did we need to beckon a waitress as they appeared out of nowhere at all the right times, to top up drinks or to clear the table. We were the last group in the restaurant yet the delicate decor and well thought out lighting ensured we still felt cosy and settled. We ended the evening with cocktails that were delicious and planning our next visit!

Suan_Thai, Owner at The Suan Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to the restaurant. Once you arrive at the restaurant your table is yours for the evening, we do not operate double sittings so you are welcome to stay as long as you want. If ever you are not sure what to order please speak to a waitress as they will only be too happy to talk you through the menu. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Decided to get a takeaway from here as a change to Chinese, Indian etc. The food was still piping hot after driving home and very tasty. Lots of flavour and really enjoyable. My partner likes spicy food but I don't so we chose appropriately and neither of us were disappointed. Looking forward to visiting for a night out.

Suan_Thai, Owner at The Suan Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am glad you both enjoyed your recent take away and we look forward to seeing you soon for a meal at the restaurant. The menu is very informative and of course the staff are always happy to explain the dishes further if you are unsure what to order.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was all very yummy and service great! The price was very reasonable. It was open quite late for convenience!

Suan_Thai, Owner at The Suan Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your evening at the restaurant and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Having spent many holidays in various parts of Thailand, and having sampled many different styles and variations of the standard dishes offered over there; the food offered at The Suan Thai in Romsey....was 'average....ok...nice, but not exceptional'. And for that reason...I would add, that it is slightly overpriced....which I have measured in comparison to the quality of food.
The tables are packed quite closely together......as mentioned in other reviews.....which does create a kind of 'canteen' feel.
Having said that, there is quite a pleasant atmosphere and the staff were quite attentive.....but so should they be, as in any eating establishment. One would expect that.
I do feel though...that it would be more effective for this restaurant to be within different premises....perhaps a little more spacious.....

Thank you for your review. We strive to serve authentic Thai food to our customers and because of the use of quality ingredients our menu may appear slightly higher than establishments that "buy in" their meals passing them off as home cooked, we are pleased that the majority of our customers continue to return because they appreciate this. We look forward to seeing you again soon.