“Nice food friendly staff”
Review of Bella Vita

Bella Vita
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Vita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 79 Restaurants in Romsey
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bella Vita is a brand new Italian Restaurant located at The Ox Bar in North Baddesley. With a wide range of meat, pasta, pizza and seafood dishes Bella Vita is the perfect dining venue for all. Try our express lunch menu served from 12-2.30pm, with 2 course lunch deals, pizza & pasta specials or you can simply pop in for a cup of coffee. Have a casual drink pre or post meal in our Bar area (The Ox Bar). Where you can choose from a variety of cocktails, beers and spirits.
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Had a very nice meal we went on a special offer night but we will return and pay full price. The menu is with a good choice of starts and mains but not so many that you can't decide. I recommend the Calamari, Chateaubriand (Shared) and the home made cheese cake is amassing.

There are newer reviews for Bella Vita

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I've been a regular in The Ox since it reopened with its new identity last year. Overall, it's been good and it's great that this formerly struggling local pub has been given a new lifeline. There have been several attempts at revival over the years with makeovers and renamings - Baddesley Arms, Steak & Stilton, Knights Cross, Baddesley Arms (again), so a change of direction such as this is necessary and welcome to avoid the alternative of closure and conversion into flats or shops.

I've eaten there twice in the last year. The first time was very good, and the last time in April was OK too, with one exception - my daughter's burger was a little raw (no problem with quality or food safety, just not to all tastes). We sent it back to be cooked a bit more, no fuss, no complaining. it came back re-cooked, along with the bun and salad! Her originally fresh tomato was hot and it seemed like the entire meal had been microwaved. Unfortunately, she didn't tell me this until the next day, otherwise I would have rejected it and asked for a replacement or refund. That is not the sort of standard you expect from this level of restaurant with the image they are trying to project.

Finally, to beer! Writing as a regular visiting tippler, the choice of real ales - Theakstons XB and Deuchars - is deeply uninspiring. The only saving grace was the reasonable price of £3.30 a pint. All of a sudden this has jumped 20p to £3.50. I can understand the economics of this but when you have Doombar, Bombardier, Abbot Ale, etc available locally at cheaper prices there is no incentive to visit here for a quick pint or two! There are plenty of good local beers around, such as Flack Manor in Romsey which would be worth the money.

I hope this will be food for thought. Many Thanks.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We visited this bar while staying at Chilworth.I can say that both the lunch and dinner we had at this bar was really delicious.The staff were very friendly and made us feel at home as soon as we entered.The service we received was both efficient and attentive and the food was well cooked and plentiful.I have no hesitation to say that if you are in the area i would go along and try a meal here.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have been to The Ox a couple of times since its refurbishment and been quite impressed. However, I came here for lunch on a Saturday in May with my friend and disabled mother, and was far from happy.
For a start, there was a board outside offering 2 courses for £10, Monday to Saturday, on the strength of which we went in, but having sat ourselves down we were told that this wasn't on that day. This I feel is luring in customers under false pretences, as I certainly wouldn't have gone in if I had known that we would be paying full price (which isn't cheap).
Secondly, the disabled toilet is not only kept locked, but a table and chairs are set out immediately outside the door, which had to be moved before my mother and I could enter. When we finally got in, we found that it appears to be used as a cleaning cupboard, complete with mop and vacuum cleaner. Moreover, there was no soap in the basin.
All in all far from happy, and won't go again, which is a shame as there seem to be no pubs of any quality in North Baddesley, and I had high hopes when it re-opened.

1  Thank 602Stella
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We went here for a valentines meal as they were doing an offer on steak, advertised as Chateaubriand. Chateaubriand it was not. It was more like a rump steak sliced on a plate with cheap pub chips. Check the picture... It had some flavour but it was not as advertised.

Its not a bad place, just don't expect restaurant quality food - more pub food with reasonable prices. Chocolate fondue dessert was good.