“Best burger I've aver had!!”
Review of The Olive Tree

The Olive Tree
Ranked #7 of 78 Restaurants in Romsey
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Best burger I've aver had!!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

You haven't had a burger until you've eaten here. Fantastic venue, brilliant staff and the food is perfect!

1 Thank Dazeyduke76

Southampton, England
“"Good allbeit a little expensive"”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This would be the first visit since the new management team took over, friendly greeting, young and enthusiastic seems to be the word. On entry i noticed the roaring fire, needed on the chilly day i visited. Local crowd at the bar. I ordered 3 lamb Roast's at what i thought was going to be £9.95 each + drinks ordered from and delivered to my table....excellent so far. Food wasn't long in arriving and when it did i was happy with what i saw, good amount of meat and potatoes......a must in any man's eyes, and a separate vegetable dish. tasted very good as well, so absolutely no complaints on that front. On leaving after a lovely meal i was a little shocked to see i had been charged £14.95 per roast, hang on a min i thought it said £9.95 outside......or did it. well actually it didn't i seemed to miss the word "FROM"...........but this was my mistake and whilst £14.95 is above what i think the ceiling price for a roast dinner should be, it was a lovely venue with good food and if you are happy paying £14.95 for a roast dinner then you will not be disappointed....

“Outstanding”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stumbled across this place whilst on holiday visiting family. Walking through the town we spotted an A board outside offering coffee and cake for £2.50. We thought we would give it a try. Once inside we noticed the place was so warm and inviting with a roaring fire and a friendly welcoming atmosphere. The coffee and cake tasted amazing. We then booked a table for the evening after looking through their menu.
We returned that evening and we were not disappointed , the food was outstanding, so well presented and tasted amazing.
I can't wait to come back here on our next visit to Romsey

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Louie456
“Simply excellent.”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Although I live in romsey, I had not visited the Olive Tree since the new owners took over. My work colleagues and I decided to pop in for a few after work drinks one Thursday. Straight away I was blown away by the warm and welcoming atmosphere. There was a roaring fire and a general feeling of relaxation and comfort. We had not planned to eat, but after eying up the menu we changed our minds! I had the fish and chips and can honestly say this was the best fish and chips I had ever had! Gorgeous thick chunky chips and the homemade tartare sauce was to die for! I followed with chocolate tart with pistachio ice cream - again faultless! We were served by Daryl the manager who is an asset to The Olive Tree. So friendly and efficient despite being very busy indeed! He mentioned that live music would begin shortly so we took our drinks to the bar. What started as a few after work drinks turned into a great night out! I've been back a couple of times since and haven't been disappointed! My new local and will recommend to all my friends!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Lennyhan
“Outstanding, the place to go in Romsey”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I thought I would give the olive tree another chance since visiting last summer as I had heard its under new management. WOW am I glad I did. The place is buzzing. Great food, great drinks selection and great friendly staff. The staff couldn't do enough for us. We felt so welcome. We will be returning to this wonderful eatery very soon. 5 stars isn't enough *****

2 Thank Teddy567