“There's one thing wrong about this restaurant!”
Review of The Blue Hayes Restaurant - CLOSED

The Blue Hayes Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Blue Hayes Restaurant is a quaint Thatched Cottage with large wooden beams and a working Inglenook fireplace.
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My cousin lives quite close to this restaurant an obviously eats there frequently. She's taken us to it for lunch twice now and each time has been good. Even for a weekday lunch it has been full so booking ahead is a must for The Blue Hayes. For the best choice I'd advise to book for an early meal rather than late because items are deleted from the blackboard as they all get eaten.

I did think twice about posting a report for this restaurant in case it should become too popular and my cousin couldn't get in when she wants to! It would be wrong if The Blue Hayes were ever tempted to expand but, from reading other reports on trip advisor, it seems that this restaurant copes with its popularity remarkably well, doesn't compromise on quality and I know it retains the feel and service of a traditional quality English restaurant. Car parking is quite adequate.

There is one thing wrong with this restaurant: it's over 200 miles from where we live!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The Blue Hayes is far more than it seems at first glance. It looks like a small thatched cottage hardly large enough to be a restaurant. But, once inside, it is clearly quite large enough to hold almost 100 people. On the night we reserved, there was a large family party going on in the rear end of the restaurant and every other table was occupied. This didn't detract at all from the service with a friendly smile that greeted us. The lady in charge was very composed and on top of everything happening at each table. Although we waited for quite a long time to be served, it was not a problem as she came over to apologise that they were extremely busy and had not forgotten us. Why don't more restaurants get wise to the fact that such small gestures can make such a difference to the dining experience. Once we had ordered, our meal was served up efficiently and promptly. Everything was fresh and delicious. Their chef clearly knows his job very well. .The loin of venison was beautifully cooked and tender and I particularly liked the Bakewell pudding and custard ,right up my street! We enjoyed eating here enormously and cannot recommend it highly enough. Well done to everybody there.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Last night we returned to The Blue Hayes for our 4th wedding anniversary, We have done this every year since we had our wedding reception there (it was a perfect day). The meal was amazing as always. You always feel so welcome. Sharon was lovely and looked after us so well as she always has.
I would recommend if you get chance try this lovely restaurant and you will be delighted with the food and the service.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Having driven past Blue Hays for years we finally made a booking for my birthday. Lovely atmosphere with background music we could talk over! Food and service excellent. This won't be our last visit.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

It has been years when I last visited the Blue Hayes. I remember it was very pleasant then. Now coming back all these years later, nothing has changed apart from of course the menu. We were pleasantly surprised with the decor (just as it was if I recall) and the ambience. It was my wife's birthday, and we finished her special day with a lovely meal.

The quantity served was not too big and not too small, all presented on piping hot plates. We were attended to frequently and looked after without being over-powering.

Our experience tonight was delightful and welcoming with everything "just right". We certainly will return again for another of our "special" evenings with our good friends.

What else could I ask for with good food and good company. EXCELLENT - and please do not change the format as its just right.