“3rd time still as good as the first time”
Review of The Cromwell Arms

The Cromwell Arms
Ranked #22 of 79 Restaurants in Romsey
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A truly special place to drink, dine and stay at the edge of the picturesque market town of Romsey. The Cromwell Arms boasts locally-sourced specialties, a host of perfectly-stored ales and wines, and a fabulous marquee. It’s the perfect place to rest a while on the South Coast.
“3rd time still as good as the first time”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Came back on Friday night for my 3rd visit to the cromwell arms and I wasn't let down if not more impressed the service felt more personal and the manager that night Claire I belive was her name couldn't have been more helpfull all the staff in there are very friendly the food was still at its high stand thank you for making my evening will being comeing back again

London, United Kingdom
“Very impressed”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We picked The Cromwell Arms from a guide book of local restaurants, having been very disappointed with recent visits to Hall and Woodhouse pubs and the very poor quality of food and were impressed from the start.
We were late arriving (we'd travelled from Basingstoke) due to M3 Friday night traffic and the group arrived in 2 sections, but they were very accommodating, especially with one of our party being in a wheelchair.
The toilets were akin to a 5* hotel and very high standard.
we found the food to be excellent and the service was just as good. The whole staff team seemed to work very efficiently as a team and we felt welcome and well looked after.
Anyone who is giving this venue a poor rating either had a very different experience to us or is used to some even more amazing food, but we found it probably the best we've had for a long time.
The only feedback perhaps was that a few 'home favourites' like scampi could have been included on the menu alongside the existing range to cater for a wider interest but other than that we'd give it five stars

• Visited May 2013
Southampton
“Fabulous Food & Service”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I visited last Thursday for a special celebration and was thoroughly impressed with the excellent food and service, and delighted to see the restaurant now has hotel rooms.

My partner had grilled garlic prawns to start and I had goats cheese with pea shoots, both great. For mains I had pork fillet served with mushrooms and local greens, presented on a long plate and tasted amazing. I can't remember what my partner had as I was engrossed in my own dish (and didn't share)!

Highly recommended and very impressed with the wine list and the assistance from the waiting staff with regards to chosing wines. The manager Dan also visited our table between courses to check we were happy with the service and food.

Romsey
“Nothing special”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Have enjoyed visiting the Cromwell Arms a number of times in the past but was rather disappointed by our latest trip. Service was rather slow and we had to wave the waitress over a couple of times. My starter was nice but my main was disappointing. The Lamb was well cooked but tasted of absolutely nothing and half of the new potatoes were still raw in the middle. My side order of seasonal veg consisted of a bowl of cabbage and two sugar snapped peas! Always a lovely dining environment and great place to eat but will expect better next time!

“Such fun!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We've been here a few times now and can happily say this is one of our favourite restaurants, not only in Southampton, but in the whole of Hampshire! It's quite clear that the management has improved ten fold. Dan- the manager- was very welcoming and friendly, and personally gave us help and advice on the wonderful new menu. The atmosphere was great. The outside seating area looked lovely, and if it wasn't raining, we could have sat in that suntrap for hours - bliss!
The new bedrooms that they have recently built look divine, and will be sure to book any friends and family in to stay, knowing that they will be very well cared for!
A fabulous little gem, definitely worth a visit.

• Visited May 2013