“Great introduction to theme parks”
Review of Paultons Park

Paultons Park
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Romsey
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Paultons Park - home of Peppa Pig World is a family theme park located in the New Forest National Park in Hampshire, with over 70 rides and attractions. Home to a world first and UK exclusive, Peppa Pig World has 7 rides & attractions including, Peppa's Big Balloon Ride, George's Dinosaur Adventure an indoor soft play zone. Other rides and attractions at Paultons include, the dinosaur theme park Lost Kingdom, the Edge and Cobra roller coasters, the Water Kingdom splash park, adventure golf, La 4D cinema, The Raging River Ride and many smaller rides for young children.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great introduction to theme parks”
Reviewed May 17, 2011

If you have kids of about 9-12 years old this is a great place introduce them to theme parks. They do have bigger rides for the slightly older children but also enough for the little ones to do as well. The price has gone up a bit this year, but with the Addition of Peppa Pig World it's worth it.

The only things that let it down were the food - our chips were cold and we thought that there wasn't alot of choice. Also the car park at the end of the day trying to get out was a nightmare. Took us nearly an hour to get back onto the M27.

Also, although we love being able to meet Peppa and George, we loved it when the visiting characters came, so hope they decide to bring this back next year or in the future at some point.

We were impressed with the landscaping - the flower beds were beautiful and so well arranged. The staff were friendly and happy to answer questions etc, even when our food was cold they did replace it with freshly cooked stuff.

If you're looking for a stepping stone between a farm and Alton Towers etc, this is your place!

Visited April 2011
4 Thank planner321

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Chesterfield
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 206 helpful votes
“Fantatic day for little ones”
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I was a little apprehensive before we visited here, having been to Disney etc. in Orlando, when we do something similar we always seem to fall slightly short, however once inside the park I needn't be, the theme in Peppa Pig world is fantastic and I would definately say for the area of the park that is dedicated to Peppa Pig its definately on a par in comparison with Disney for younger children (under 6 or 7), rides are a bit tame for older ones (Ours are 1 and 3 and they loved it), the only thing occasionlly missing are over friendly smiley staff like you get in America, but most we saw were friendly enough.
What I liked about the park is that even though our little boy is only 95cm (under 1 metre are free entry) there were only 3 rides he was not able to go on in the entire park, so we could keep him entertained all day, there were plenty of rides for our little girl also so not too much jealousy going around ! lol
Negatives: Food in the park expensive, £6 + for a "small" hot dog and fries, we each had some small sandwiches from Daddy Pigs cafe, these consisted of 2 slices of bread with a filling at nearly £4 each, so I recommend you take a picnic, plenty of nice places to sit

3 Thank dannyjcarr
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The new Peppa Pig World was fantastic!!”
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Just came back from Paultons park/Peppa pig world with my mum and my 2 year old and nearly 5 year old.We had a lovely time! We went on a saturday and got there at 11am there was no queue to get in which was great!Peppa Pig world was great & looked amazing!It was great as both my children could go on everything,we went on peppa pigs balloon ride,dinosaurs,boats,the cars(my girls loved these!) and loads more.
We queued no more than ten minutes for a ride and some of them we pretty much got straight on! I would say though that even 10mins to wait felt ages to my children!I think they should have something like interactive toys they can play with attached to the railings where you queue,anything to stop them being grumpy while they wait!!To make it more fun for them!Also we were excited to be able to go into Peppa pigs house but I was expecting a mock up of their actual house where you could sit at the table etc but it wasnt!Other than that we had great fun!We met Peppa pig and George!and that had lots of great outdoor play areas,it was forcast heavy rain on the day we went but we were so lucky it didnt rain til we were on our way home!We didnt eat here but took a picnic, it did seem there was only the usual hotdogs,chips,icecream on sale.
Peppa pig world was quite busy but the rest of the park was very quiet! We looked at the birds,went on the train-no queue at all!!On leaving the park at 3ish there was no traffiic at all so think we left at the right time! This park is more for young children and is great fun for them,there are a few rides for older children though. I did think it was a bit expensive; £60 for me and my mum and 4 year old (she was only a tiny bit taller than 1metre but they still made us pay unfortunately!)my 2 year old got in free so that was good!But I'm sure most theme parks are a lot more! I would say as a round up Peppa pig world is the best part of the park!The rest of the the park is very clean and tidy and the gardens are lovely,I'm sure we would of explored more if it had been better weather and there is lots of places to have a picnic!

1 Thank Perfectbluesky
Warwickshire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great family park with Pepper Pig world”
Reviewed May 7, 2011

We ahave just come back from Paultons park and it was lovely not many big rides but great for smaller kids grounds were lovely with gardens animals play areas all very well maintained really pretty
Plenty of places to grab a hot dog or burger also sandwiches and drinks picnic areas as well
The best part was Pepper Pig land it is stunning with little rides the best play areas i have ever seen if your child likes pepper you must go our 2 year old grandaughter loved every minuete the muddy puddle area is a must they can play in water jets and puddles but take swimwaear we thought it would just be a puddle we had to drag our little girl out screamind she loved it
Pepper does not walk around but appears on a balcony at certain times we only found her by chance so check times out when you arrive
We had a great family day out we stayed at the holiday inn west southampton price inc park ticket and was a bargain booked through the thme parks web site

2 Thank annmarie62
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A fab day!”
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Had a lovely day at Paulton's park. Took our nearly two year old, and there was plenty for her to do. Peppa Pig World was a big hit, and we were very impressed with it - there was only one ride there that she couldn't go on. The queues were quite long, but we expected that. We'll go again in term time if possible. The rest of the park was also good - the gardens are beautiful and there's plenty of places for picnics. There's more than plenty to fill a day - we'll come again!

Visited April 2011