“Great food and service”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
hampshire
“Great food and service”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked for ten members of the family to celebrate my birthday. The table was nicely set with linen napkins and flowers. The staff were most attentive and the food served quickly. Everyone said how good the meal was. We had the Sunday lunch. My daughter had the Yorkshire with mushrooms and chestnuts and thought it one of the best vegetarian meals she had ever had.
We will definitely return.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank andwart

Surrey, England
“Excellent food with great service”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Four of us visited on the recommendation of our B&B hosts. We were not disappointed.the menu is varied...we had starters of goats cheese salad, prawns and the pâté. For mains we had cod with chorizo and haddock with poached egg. All absolutely delicious. Service was great- balance between efficient yet friendly.

1 Thank GillyFlower
southampton
“Not so good”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I expected to have a great meal here, but sadly it didn't come up to expectations, the reviewers previously had said how good it was, well I was disappointed.
The food was cold having to send it back to be re-heated, the meal also took ages to arrive after placing the order over an hour for a pub ?
The quality of the starter was questionable and I suspect these weren't fresh but frozen produce.
I felt the staff were OK apologising for the delay, but after the reviews we didn't think this was acceptable in a well established pub.
I can't find anything to rave about this pub I thought it was rather poor and ceratainly wont be returning.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank lewisSouthampton
Romsey, United Kingdom
“take friends out for good food and friendly welcome”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The ladies from my work place always have a lunch or a farewell meal and even birthday meals here.
We have never had a bad meal yet, and staff and landlady and landlord are very lovely people , always make,s us welcome. best place in romsey.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank roz402
Romsey, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyable and accommodating as ever!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Lunch for six returning guests was first class. The staff were understanding of two of our party's special food needs and really went out of their way to ensure they, and the rest of us, had excellent lamb and a selection of bar meals. Our guests commented on how lucky we were to have great local, serving good quality wholesome food on our doorstep. We will be returning soon and have no problem endorsing the Old House at Home to anyone who appreciates quality food at a reasonable prices

• Visited February 2013