“Family Lunch”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Family Lunch”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We used to come here often, but probably best part of 10 years since we were last here. Decor and ambient hasn't changed a bit, which is ideal - it always feels like a brasserie in Paris. We had lunch for 7 people. Service was very swift as we were in early at 12.30. We had 6 excellent main courses (2 x turbot, 1 x salmon, 1 x sea bass, 2 x entrecôte) and 1 disappointing which was my filet steak béarnaise which I ordered Medium and came charcoaled on outside from too long lon the griddle; the burnt taste overpowered everything else. Desserts were good. Overall a very pleasant restaurant with French waiting staff, but disappointing they couldn't carry the quality all the way through, especially as the filet was the most expensive dish.

• Visited April 2014

New Forest National Park Hampshire, United Kingdom
“A French night out..”
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

What a wonderfully authentic feel this restaurant has, full of vibrant character and jour de vie.

Choice of French food on the menu is excellent, and selection of wine 1st class.

The restaurant always seems busy, booking essential at weekends, very lively in the evenings. The staff are always attentive, and very knowledgeable about choice of food & wine.

This could be any good restaurant in Paris, and, quite a find in a small market town the size of Romsey.

We would eat there again, and recommend to anyone looking for a good authentic French restaurant.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“A great time had by all”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Fabulous meal at La P last night ! Love the ambiance and as ever the great service from the warm and welcoming team. Always a great night out. Thank you and see you soon.

• Visited May 2014
“Love the authenticity”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

As a long time customer of La P, I felt it was time to write about it! If you want the authentic French atmosphere look no further. The food is amazing and takes me back to my French travels, it is consistently good and the desserts are to die for. I miss this place but look forward to going back next time I am in England.

• Visited January 2014
“Wonderful authentic french family run restaurant.”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Although 60. Miles from my home if I crave an authentic taste of France this is the restaurant to visit.From the French owner and all the french staff it is fabulous. I decor is typical Parissienne,very nostalgic .The food is consistently great ,all my family ask to go back including my parents in law. My one dilemma is how can I visit more often,wish we lived closer. Yum yum highly recommended.

• Visited March 2014