“Nice meal shame about the temperature”
Review of La Parisienne

La Parisienne
Ranked #6 of 79 Restaurants in Romsey
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Romsey, United Kingdom
“Nice meal shame about the temperature”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Visited with a group of friends for a meal off the Christmas menu. Food on the whole was OK, but a shame the plates were cold for the main course. We were sat towards the back of the restaurant and I have to say the temperature in the room was too cold. Every time the kitchen door opened we were met with a blast of cold air, was pleased when the meal ended and we could go home and get warm. Not what we would expect from a restaurant of this class.

• Visited December 2013

Romsey, UK
“Fresh fish in sauces , mmmmmm”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Went last night, had King Prawns in Pastis sauce, then Scollops en gratin...... very very nice.
Oh and started with a coctail in the bar

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mikej77Romsey_UK
Victoria, Canada
“First visit was good second visit was disappointing.”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The first visit I tried the Salade Nicoise which was quite good if not exceptional. The second visit was more disappointing. I had the steak with the bordelaise sauce which was sanglant and tender served with frites and carrots and haricots verts. It was acceptable but expensive at over £23. My partner had a smoked haddock risotto on the special lunch menu at £14 with very little haddock and lots of risotto. We both had the French onion soup which was average but again nothing outstanding. The wine list looked interesting and rather extensive but driving so no opportunity to sample. So lunch for two for £50 without wine. Although pleasant surroundings the food was just average. Service was reasonably attentive.

• Visited November 2013
Lymington, United Kingdom
“As good as always”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I visited for lunch which I think is the 1st time that I have been to this favourite retsaurant of mine at lunchtime ( as opposed to a bar meal or the retsuarant in an evening).

I had the roast cod with capers which was just idyllic. My guest had the salmon which she proinmunced delicious. We then shared a citron tarte which was amazingly good.

The bottle of pinot blanc was very good.

All in all an excellent lunch at a fair price for such quality and attentive service.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Localityenthusiast
Romsey, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First visit for some time”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I went to La Parisienne with a friend on Friday night, it's been some time since I ate there and found the food as good as, if not better than ever. Fantastic service, superb steak and a glass of house Merlot as reliable as ever. My friend noted how very busy it was for an early evening, always a good sign. I've been eating here since it opened way back in the early nineties if memory serves. The food has always been good, lunch time croc's and the steak hache with rocquefort long time favourites. Once in a blue moon you may get something not to your liking, speak up and they will remedy immediately.

• Visited October 2013