“Lovely French restaurant with great French staff.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Parisienne

La Parisienne
Ranked #8 of 73 Restaurants in Romsey
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hampshire
“Lovely French restaurant with great French staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We have lunch at this restaurant two or three times a month, and keep going back largely because of the atmosphere, and the excellent service by the charming French staff.

Many of their dishes are great, but despite the understandable need to increase prices a little in recent months we were dismayed to recently experience their wonderful fish soup, at the higher price, but in a significantly smaller bowl nowadays. After two of these experiences in recent weeks we will now steer clear of this soup in the future. I note that other customers seem to be doing likewise!

Their fillet steaks, and indeed the steak haches, are very good and always cooked as ordered. The only thing lacking is a decent source to go with them, as we do not like 'thin' sources made with creme freche which they always seem to always serve up. They may be healthier, but just not as nice!

The wines are a little expensive given the only average quality, but the thing I really object to is being charged £4 for a pint of soda and lime, or coke. This is a total rip-off!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Graham477

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Pleasant relaxing atmosphere- great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Having visited La Parisienne several times, I can now confirm the restaurant is a firm favourite of mine . I just love the comfortable relaxed atmosphere, great friendly staff who are attentive but not over bearing or pushy. and the food is authentic french cuisine with a twist. I have never been disappointed, thoroughly recommend it!!

Dorset, United Kingdom
“One of our favourites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husbands favourite restaurant, we went last week on his birthday. He always picks the same from the table d'hôtel menu, eggs mayonnaise and chicken with a cream sauce! I went "off piste" with a chefs salad which included snails and smoked bacon topped with a poached egg. Followed by pan sautéed cod with king prawns in garlic butter. Both were delicious.
You really feel that you are in France in this normally bustling lrestaurant, this visit there were several empty tables although it was about half full. Perhaps the recession is biting!
Staff are always pleasant and very French. So for well cooked food and a visit to France la Parisienne is a must.

Eastbourne
“Great place for lunch - very French!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Wonderful food and a great ambience. We would definitely go there again when we are next in Romsey. Would highly recommend it.

Visited March 2013
Romsey, United Kingdom
“Fantastic! Great staff, great food, great ambiance!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Took my wife here yesterday lunchtime for her Birthday. We were made to feel very welcome, especially being our first visit having just moved into the locale.
We went for one of the two lunchtime special menus at £18.95 per head. My wife enjoyed her homemade soup and I loved the seafood salad (with prawns, crabmeat and sea bass).
For mains I had a chicken and chorizo escalope with a lovely sauce and plenty of fries while my wife loved her sea bass with fresh veggies.
For dessert my wife chose the chocolate mouse and I paid a small surcharge and had the cheese selection which was superb with the home-baked bread.
The wines were great (Champagne, Sauvignon blanc and Merlot) and the ambiance was great, even though it was only lunchtime.
A little on the pricey side, but well worth it for great food and super service!
We'll definitely be back in a few weeks to start to work our way through the sumptous dinner menus.