“Warm & cosy, with great service”
Review of La Parisienne

La Parisienne
Ranked #6 of 79 Restaurants in Romsey
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Been eating here for years, mainly lunch times for a snack & vino. This time we went in the evening, I prefer to eat in the bar area, less formal. The little red candles on the table gave the place a warm and cosy feel. We always opt for the same dishes, French onion soup (bit watery today, has been better ) and goats cheese salad for me and the scallops for hubby. I love the butter they use a real treat. As ever service always good. One comment, who designed the new ladies loo theme, must have been a bloke, very garish, the tiles are very OTT, I preferred the red and gold theme and who took the tap head?

There are newer reviews for La Parisienne

Reviewed February 1, 2013

It's straight out of paris, even french staff in the centre of romsey - brilliant. Could you say more? Reviews must be at least 50 characters. Thanks.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I eat here a lot and often find it a bit hit and miss. This time (Saturday 26th Jan 2013), it was superb.

The food and service was impeccable. I had the Scallops in parsley butter they were perfect. I then had the Turbot, although not perfectly fresh, it was cooked to perfection...

They were absolutely heaving on that night and the food arrived on time and was perfectly cooked for all of my fellow guests. One had the fillet steak done rare. It was perfectly rare and just incredible...

We also ordered Champagne and wine. At no point did we have to fill our glasses. The waitress kept a watchful eye on this for us. Before we even thought of filling our glasses, she was there doing it for us. Superb and excellent service. If more restaurateurs realised this they would would sell more wine. This is a simple service offering that guarantees more margin...

Also, two of our party couldn't make it, because of illness. There as no fuss or hassle. The Maitre'D just said 'Go to the bar, get a drink and i will fix your table, see you in 5"...Superb service.

My mother who lives in France asked for a specialist desert wine, the bar man was knowledgeable enough to not only know the rare regional wine, but could offer a perfect alternative. There was no attitude, but excellent knowledge to compensate.

I can't fault the service or the food...

I will always recommend this place, give it a go...

Thank you all for a great evening on a special occasion...

Reviewed December 11, 2012

A wonderful French restaurant with loads of charm. Wonderfully attentive staff- mostly French. Food was excellent with a v large wine list. Reasonably priced for the v high standard of service and food.

A Victorian town centre pub delightfully furnished in French bistro style.

All in all - wonderful.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Had a truely lovely lunch. Very good food, atmosphere & price. I will go again for lunch.
The service was spot on. They seem to have got everything right.