“A magical place!”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
“A magical place!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

La Parisienne is a niche where you leave your problems at the door. The food, the decor and above all the staff make you feel welcome and special.

“Incredibly rude staff.”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our group of 8 came here for a colleague's leaving do and I never been treated so rudely in my life. As a group looking for a relaxed evening out and some good food and wine we were flabbergasted to be treated like naughty children with the manager telling us rather rudely that we were disorganised before being virtually shouted at in front of the other customers. The attitude was so awful we finished our drinks sharpish and left to go to another restaurant where we were greeted warmly, as you would expect from restaurant staff. I would never return here or recommend it to anyone else. The worst, arrogant service I've ever come across.

3 Thank Chez59
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“Nice meal, but horribly overpriced...”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have used this place several times and have always enjoyed a nice evening.

This occasion was no different, but i don't recall it being this expensive. The food was good, but just good and with the Fillet Bearnaise at £26.95 i expected it to be amazing. The meat was not great and certainly not melt in the mouth.

I recall they used to make their own chips, and at £70 a head, i would have expected them to have continued, but they appeared to be ASDA french fries or an equivalent. The sauces were also reheated, again for that money, i would like it to be fresh, I could be wrong.

The wine list though is fantastic and it made up for the food. Don't get me wrong the food is good, but they are very expensive for the quality. The staff can be a little surly, but they are French and it does have good French feel to the restaurant.

If you do speak French it is a good place to practice. Give it a go, especially for the wine but be warned it is a little pricey...

• Visited September 2012
Malaga, Spain
“Dark, gloomy, dated and average!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The interior of this restaurant is quite dark and gloomy which makes it very difficult to read the menu. Some of your other reviewers think it is typically French! As a
person with French parentage who has lived and travelled widely in France for many years I can put them right! It is typical of somewhere in the Montmartre of the 60s but not comparable to any other part of France nowadays or in the past really. The old travel posters give a very retro atmosphere, along with the dark wood but all this just adds to the clutter in the dark, sombre space. I could not see what I was eating due to the lack of light. It is really a poor show and the place needs a thorough revamp to address the dark, gloomy decor.

The food is OK but not wonderful and expensive for what it is. It is not really a restaurant either but a sort of pub, with the door on to the pavement, so people do come in to just drink at the bar.
The menu is very extensive, with good choices of fish and meat dishes. This menu should be shortened to allow the chef to address the detailling of each dish. As it was my seafood main dish was oversalted, overcopoked and unpleasant. The separately served vegetables were very uninspiring so I hardly touched them. My friend had a risotto dish which was undercooked, crunchy and very dry. Risotto should be much more silky and liquid. Some nice menu ideas but no good unless cooked properly. Our partners' meat dishes came with the vegatables all on the plate and there had been no attempt at presentation - just a pile of food which made it not very appealling although the meat tasted nice apparently.
My thoughts are that this was once a nice place to eat but they have been lazy and not moved with the times thinking that in the UK we accept anything going. They need to bring the place up to date in decor, menu AND presentation.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank perle369
Poole, United Kingdom
“Don't get the steak!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I used to come to this restaurant for lunch several times a month. The lunch was usually fantastic. I've been here twice to dinner. Both times my other half got various (v expensive) cuts of steak. Both times they have not been good. This time I had the lamb which was very lovely, although served with what are supposed to be sauteed potatos but seemed more oven baked and although tasty I could buy similar at Iceland! Starters were also lovely. Wine also excellent. But a French restaurant should have the best steak you can get in the area. This is definitely not. If I were the owner I would daily eat a different cut of the steak I'm serving in my restaurant or find someone (like us) who is an expert in eating v expensive steak and get us to come in every month and dine in as 'secret diners'. Also, outside dining is marred by boozy chavs using it as their local despite the fact they are 'over the hedge' ie small bush less than 2 yards from diners, noisy drinkers paying a few quid for drinks should not mar the experience of people spending £100 on dinner!

• Visited August 2012