“Helpful, friendly and good food.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Seven Stars

The Seven Stars
Reserve with OpenTable
The Seven Stars is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 66 Restaurants in Petersfield
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bath, United Kingdom
“Helpful, friendly and good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stopped at the Seven Stars by accident as it was our 11 month old's dinner time, 5.30pm. First brownie point was that they were serving food at this time. Very good. Inside was a little corporate as it's a Hall & Woodhouse pub, but it was done pretty well. The service was excellent and food above average for a chain. We would definitely go back again if passing. Service was good, and an especial thank you to Sarah, the manager, for going out of her way for holding my bag that I accidentally left behind with my laptop. Thank you! All in all good pub with great service and SUPER honest staff and good manager.

• Visited June 2013

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Best Meal in a Restaurant EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

May 31st 2013 (Table 36)

We had Lamb Stew a Lobster Bisque and a kids Macaroni Cheese.

Worth every penny!

The staff are lovely. We went on a busy day but it wasn't a problem.

I would never dream of finishing my childrens meals in public but I just couldn't let the left overs of the macaroni cheese go to waste - it was a lovely meal that had hardly any seasoning, the way kids meals should be.

The lamb stew and lobster bisque were just delicious.

We had a pudding, which was hard to squeeze in (but we did!)

The portion sizes were not small, they were either just right or quite big (I spied other peoples meals before I chose what to have).

We have been telling everyone about this place and can't recommend it enough!

Crawley, United Kingdom
“Lovely Pub to stop at !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

My sister and I have never stopped here before but after a long drive up from Poole in Dorset we wanted to get something to eat and both said the next place we come across we will stop at, and this is where we stopped! and so glad we did, lovely old pub with great atmosphere, very friendly serving girls couldnt do enough for you and made to feel very 'at home'... food was very tasty and price was reasonable, we weren't rushed even though it was a busy bank holiday monday! We have decided to call in again on friday an our way back, going to Eastleigh and take our parents too !

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic end to sunny bank holiday weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We met with friends and family yesterday for a meal.

Fortunately, they accommodated us with a table of 7 when I called early in the morning.

We sat out in the garden for drinks, before sitting indoors for our meal.

Bar and waiting staff were polite and friendly. We were lead to a beautifully positioned round table under the pitched, beamed roof. It also sat alongside a tall floor to ceiling window.

we shared a delicious Mezze platter, then enjoyed a variation of mains. My friend was impressed with such a wide selection of vegetarian options (which you don't see so often)

I was most impressed about their 'combo' dessert options of a mini pud and hot drink for £3.50! Perfection!I recommend the black forest sundae ;)

I would only say that I found drinks a little pricey, but overall I was really happy with our visit and without a doubt we'll be back soon!

Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was travelling back home with my grandson after a visit to Edward Barnsley workshop open day, my grandson said, can we go to that pub, as we drove past, so i turned around and came back to it.
The staff were very friendly, the food was great, the service was quick. so would recommend it to anyone , anytime

• 3 of 5 bubbles