“A Benchmark in Country Chain Pubs”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Seven Stars

The Seven Stars
Reserve with OpenTable
The Seven Stars is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 66 Restaurants in Petersfield
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portsmouth
“A Benchmark in Country Chain Pubs”
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

This was the first time I has returned to the Seven Stars since it had been taken under new management. It had always been renowned locally for its excellent food and chefs. The menu had changed radically but the interior and exterior of the pub is faultless. The little touches like quotes around the walls, free newspapers, the day's sports pages framed above the men's urinals and the quality of the theming throughout really add to the unique feel this pub bestows on its patrons.

Being a country pub, prices are naturally high. It was this that really felt to bring the Seven Stars down a peg or two. For the quality of the ales and food available, the prices were felt to be very high. Other independent pubs serve equivalent food and ales for much cheaper, however, the surroundings and location are what you are paying for.

Overall, worth a visit, pricey, average value, but nothing like it used to be.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A fantastic pub, great specials board, menu, friendly service, open fire”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

So what do you want from a pub - you know the best bits? I'm not talking gastro or Landlord owned but a good well run chain........
Summer - beautiful garden, play area for any little moaners. Tick - serviced in abundance.
Winter - an open fire. Tick.
This has atmosphere - it is modern in openness, glass, decor and scrubbed tables. I like that. Lots of photos and word choices penned around on beautifully coordinated walls. Kitchen is termed 'taste magicians!'.
Feels smart but friendly.
Blackboard for specials. Good range of drinks. Excellent menu. ( Good kids choices)
Yes it is a chain but feels simply well presented and friendly.
So good I've planned a return visit - soon. BTW 3 courses Xmas menu is £17.95 which struck me as good value.
Dogs welcome.
Easy to find - 2 mins from the A3.
Plenty of parking.

Highly recommended for a chain pub.
Food was excellent; lots of choice and beautifully presented again.

• Visited October 2012
Petersfield, United Kingdom
“Regular eater”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

From the first visit I have had excellent service a warm welcome (especially when the fire is lit) all the members of the staff have been friendly. I would recommend this for families and couples alike. There is plenty of seating so you an tuck your self into a corner and while away an houror two with value for money food and drink.

• Visited October 2012
Petersfield, United Kingdom
“Pub grub in an easy location”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is a central point for friends and I too meet, friendly service and food was nice too. Staff friendly and helpful too.

Visited September 2012
portsmouth
“Reassuring repeat visit”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

In May of this year I reported a disappointing visit to the seven Stars. On the evening of 24 October, together with my wife and some friends, decided to give it another try. I have to say we all found it a very pleasurable experience. On walking into the pub we were quickly greeted by a member of the staff who seemed genuinely pleased to see us. We were offered a table but there was no problem in meeting our preference for one sited nearer to a very nice open log stove. All the tables, whether occupied or not, were lit by candles and the whole place looked warm and inviting. My wife and I both ordered chicken salads which were really nice and our friends had haddock fish cakes and a black bean curry which they both said were nice. The portions were not huge for the prices but adequate for all of us. We did not have starters or desserts but the drinks and coffees were all fine. Service and attention was excellent throughout and I was pleased that as far as we were concerned things seemed to have improved. Even though it was a Monday evening a lot of people were eating in the Seven Stars which seems to underline its popularity. Having read some of the recent reviews it appears that the pub's performance can fluctuate but I can only relate my own experiences.

• Visited September 2012