“Great possibilities”

Ranked #56 of 70 Restaurants in Petersfield
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

This place is very nice and in a great location but please be open consistently for coffee first thing.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

When we stayed at the Cricketers there was still some refurbishment work going on in our room but the staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. Very friendly people and the bar / reastaurant is excellent.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business. Though the rooms could do with a bit of an update, the pub is great. My colleague and I both thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Rib eye steak with a bone marrow and Parmesan sauce I'd highly recommend - a very deeply flavoured dish with lovely homemade chips - along with the chocolate brownie with rhubarb ice cream. The menu is creative but in an appealing way, not like some menus which seem to try too hard to be different. Could do with a better choice of ales, but the wine we had was all very good. Breakfast was also excellent, filling but not too greasy. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

On a recent week off due to my Parents visiting we had the opportunity to take advantage of the Steak night at The cricketers.
Terry and Tom (Chef) are now sourcing organic steak from The Goodwood Estate, which is great news for anyone visiting. I had a very tasty medium rare Rump and my wife had a blue Sirloin very good as ever, both steaks washed down with some fine Argentinian Malbec. Followed this with an exceptional strawberry & rhubarb fool with cinammon cream & oats. 85% (In the top 10)
Always get excellent food here and great friendly service. If you haven't visited you should.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We thought we would give this pub a try, and we did not make a mistake! The duck pizza is amazing, a must if you visit! Will be going again very soon.