“Best burgers in Hampshire”
Review of The Thomas Lord

The Thomas Lord
Reserve with OpenTable
The Thomas Lord is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Petersfield
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Been there a few times now and I believe in trying something new every time. However I have fallen in love with the burgers there! Every time I look at the menu I am instantly drawn to the burgers every time. Took my friend there and he agreed with me. Best burgers in Hampshire. Staff are young and friendly and the service has always been impeccable. Great value for money and I can't wait to dine again! 10/10

There are newer reviews for The Thomas Lord

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Good food well presented and served in a really nice atmosphere. Nicely appointed and tastefully decorated. The team are very attentive. The portions are by there own admission "generous"

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We booked for lunch for after a walk. We hadn't been since the refurbishment which is both stylish and fun. The food was very good and complimented with friendly service. Not the cheapest but definitely worth it.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have always liked The Thomas Lord; it is in my portfolio of places to go for a good Sunday lunch. I went yesterday (first time since the renovation) and must say there has been a large improvement in the quality of the cooking. The main course (roasted beef) was a traditional dish, cooked perfectly and with all that you'd expect, but the desserts allowed the chef a little freedom to show his creativeness (I had choc tart). Obviously a very talented chef. It has jumped to a top three Sunday lunch venues in Hampshire for me. I will have to visit again soon to ensure consistency ;) (great excuse!). Well done Thomas Lord!!

1  Thank MarwellHotel
Reviewed December 26, 2012

About three years ago my wife and I visited for the first (and until now only) time, and found the food, though fresh and of high quality, was overpriced and pretentious, and the wine list likewise. The atmosphere "stark" and the service perfunctory. We decided thenceforth to give it a miss.
What a contrast and what an improvement when we visited just before Christmas. Fresh high quality food - but now in well presented, well balanced flavoursome dishes that really satisfy the eye and the palate, and are good value. Good value high quality wines too. Wonderful service and a much much warmer and cosier atmosphere. We will be going back regularly now.