“Excellent stay!”

Pearfield Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 25 Petersfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed in the loft, it was very quiet, modern and lovely with sky lights. Cathy picked us up from the train station and was extremely friendly and helpful. Our breakfast was delicious and plentiful. After our two nights stay we were sorry to leave and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LynleyKM
There are newer reviews for Pearfield Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed for one night in the smaller of Cathy's two rooms and was only sorry that I wasn't staying for longer. Bed great, bathroom/shower great, breakfast great - in fact all great. I was in Petersfield for the Goodwood Revival and Pearfield turned out to be the ideal base.
Cathy also recommended a local pub (10 min walk) for the evening and the meal was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank SimonE330
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Cathy, the owner, put me in her studio room which is a loft conversion. It has everything one could wish for and plenty of information about the South Downs. Very comfortable double bed (Queen or King size I think). Do read the Black Book. I didn't and thus failed to ask for a hair dryer for the morning.

A lovely breakfast, complete with veggie options, is cooked in an Aga, so remember to order the night before as requested.

I had dinner at La Piazzetta in the town centre. It was a lively place and the food and wine were thoroughly enjoyable. There are plenty of pubs and restaurants to choose from if Italian is not your style and they are all within 5-10 minutes walk. The station is about 15-20 minutes walk away.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Keith B
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights during the Goodwood Festival of Speed. The room was very spacious with a lovely modern bathroom.

As we wanted to leave early in the morning we took cereal and toast and were offered bacon sandwiches 'to go' which were delicious and kept us going for the day.

The pubs and restaurants are located within walking distance.

Overall this was a perfect stay for us.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Linda499514
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was my first experience of travelling alone and I was quite nervous. However I was immediately put at ease by the friendly and relaxed welcome I received at the Pearfield. The room is delightful and I especially loved the shower! Everything was spotlessly clean, very comfortable and tastefully presented. My 2 night stay was to attend a wedding but the Pearfield is well placed to see the surrounding area and a short stroll from the town centre and the Heath. I would love to stay there again and would thoroughly recommend it.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank JaneJazz
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was a return visit for us, we spent another couple of comfortable and relaxed nights at Pearfield. The room is lovely, a spacious and airy loft conversion, fitted out to a high standard. Very clean, very comfortable, quiet and private. One word of warning but please don't let it put you off, if you are tall, remember to duck the sloping ceilings, you'll soon get the hang of it when you've fortgotten a couple of times! Lovely host, very friendly and accommodating. The B&B is located within walking distance of Petersfield which has a good selection of shops and restaurants. Very highly recommended, we are already looking forward to returning again next year for the third year running.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike_Lisa_Jackson
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Whilst initially Pearfield seems out of the way, it is definitely worth seeking out. Excellent service, extremely clean and well presented. There was never a point where we would have felt uncomfortable asking for anything, but the opportunity never arose because of the planning around the customer. We spent two nights whilst attending a wedding, a very short walk from the train station, and it is easy to get taxi's to and from anywhere you need. The area around is lovely, and the garden is wonderful. Our host was professional yet very friendly and accommodating, making us feel at home but well looked after at the same time. I can not give enough praise to Pearfield to do it justice. Thoroughly recommend to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kiran C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersfield
Langrish House
#2 of 25 in Petersfield
Crescent Cottage
Crescent Cottage
#1 of 25 in Petersfield

Been to Pearfield Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!