“Brilliant staff, brilliant food, brilliant rooms”
Review of The Good Intent

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Petersfield
The Good Intent
Ranked #11 of 25 Petersfield B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant staff, brilliant food, brilliant rooms”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Staff are friendly, helpful and sweet - even when a bedraggled youth turns up without a booking! The food is excellent, and served with conversation and good humour. Rooms are spotlessly clean, comfortable, beautifully presented, and equipped with everything you could need.

I would recommend 'The Good Intent' to anyone in any circumstances!

Room Tip: If you are travelling alone, but they only have a sharing (couple or family) room available - you ju...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Salisbury
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Our party of 14 (9 adults/5children) turned up on a bank holiday without booking and were made to feel really welcome. The staff were friendly and couldn't be more helpful. The food was delicious and freshly prepared. I wish we lived nearer!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I have had cause to visit Petersfield fairly regularly over the last few years and since December have been a frequent visitor to the Good Intent.
Geoff and Sam have always made me feel very welcome and are always able to help with any enquiry.
The food and service is exceptional, a menu which changes with the season and several themed buffet nights mean that there is always a good choice and the food itself is always delicious.
All the staff at the bar, including Sam and Geoff, have made me feel welcome and are always good-humoured.
Whether stopping in for a coffee, a meal or a bed for the night I can happily recommend the Good Intent.

Stayed February 2014
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Warm atmosphere, lovely staff and fab food. Great live music. Couldn't fault at all, I think we are going to be one of the 'regulars'. Halloween party was absolutely great fun!
I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed here recently on an impromptu visit to visit friends. The staff were all very friendly, and couldn't have been more helpful. The room was a really nice size, and the bathroom was huge. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the room was lovely and warm, which is a contrast to some of the previous comments. It is a beautiful old building, and has real character. I didn't get a chance to eat there, but the menu looked great and I was told that everything is homemade, so it's a shame I didn't get a chance to sample it. I agree with some of the comments, that some of the décor could be updated, but I understand the new management are currently looking at this, and it didn't take anything away from the experience. I would definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here overnight as we were at a wedding near by so we didn't spend much time there in the evening.
When we arrived though the staff were really nice and showed us to our rooms. They were both really nice, good size rooms. really clean with everything we needed and comfortable beds. The decoration was a little dated, but this was what I would expect from an old characterful pub.
We were asked what time we would like breakfast, anywhere between 8 and 10, so we went down at 9 and they had already got a table set up for us with juice and everything and they served a lovely cooked breakfast too.
Based on our stay I would recommend it and would love to try their evening food another time too

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Ivybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I called in having driven by and seen the chaulk board outside advertising bed and breakfast. I checked here prior to calling in, and wasn't too sure due to the couple of bad reviews. The management has changed and the welcome couldn't have been better. The room was reasonably priced for the area, clean and comfortable. The menu of evening fayre is wide, the food well presented, tasty and not too expensive. The staff are welcoming and friendly, and the atmosphere great, with a good cross section of ages represented. The choice of breakfast was quite broad and the ingredients of the traditional 'full English' were of a high quality, none of your super market 'value range'. All in all a great place to stay or just have a drink, highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersfield
The Trooper Inn
#5 of 25 in Petersfield
Ye Olde George Inn
Ye Olde George Inn
#10 of 25 in Petersfield

Been to The Good Intent? Share your experiences!