“great value, good food”
Review of Monoloco

Ranked #4 of 73 Restaurants in Petersfield
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Small bistro/restaurant in a small courtyard - semi hidden - off Petersfield High Street.With a walled garden and courtyard seating. Monoloco starts the day serving breakfast then on to a lunch menu with daily home cooked specials.In the evening Monoloco changes into a steakhouse where you can have sizzling steaks,tuna or salmon cooked on a hot lava stone to your liking.
Reviewed May 10, 2013

like others, saw the positive reviews on TripAdvisor and thought should go. Partner had the delicious burger and I had the chorizo mix (Jerk chicken speciality already sold out!), both on this superb bed of mixed salad, for their fixed price £8. Delicious and more than I could eat.
One warning to potential visitors. The day we were there they closed early as they had sold out of all their food... popularity tells. We ate outside as it was a sunny day, and very pleasant it was too.
Wine with the meal was fine quality, but pricey.

monolocouk, Owner at Monoloco, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us, and sorry about the Jerk Chicken sold out ( we make more now) - thanks also for mentioning the quality of the wine, as we don't actually sell much, we tend to pluck some real bargain beauties still keeping the most expensive glass ( 250ml) of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc @ £5, lower than most pubs, but higher than most working mens clubs (just joking)...

Thanks again for such a lovely review and come again.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Have had lunch here a number of times. The food is superb, very well cooked and very tasty and a lot of it and very good value. The service is quick and polite. It's a shame it isn't open in the evenings as far as I know.

monolocouk, Owner at Monoloco, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us, we do open occasionally for evenings, never know we might knock mornings on the head and open in the evenings soon.

Come again soon :)

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We finally found the time to pop back to Monoloco, this time we shared our "slice of Heaven" with family... We all had different meals,Burger, Jerk Chicken, Duck and Salmon which all came with the Monoloco Salad,and i must say all four meals were delicious.You can't beat the price, only £8, I don't know how they manage it, such good VALUE!!!
It is nice to go somewhere,where the staff are relaxed enough to have a good banter..and still do a professional job!!!
Well done Monoloco!!
Come on Folks, lets support OUR LOCAL independent restaurants!!

1  Thank veronica u
monolocouk, Owner at Monoloco, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Thanks so much for the support and review and I couldn't agree more about supporting the local independent place. Petersfield is very lucky to have many great pubs, bars and restaurants all in a small radius.

Cheers again

Monoloco.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

After seeing the reviews on TripAdvisor, I thought I should give Monoloco a go.

It's not the easiest place to find but it is worth the effort. A varied lunch menu is offered, all at a fixed price of £8. I had the burger whilst my partner opted for the Portobello mushrooms.

Both were delicious and served on a huge bed of salad - if anything I would say that there is a little "too" much salad as we were both unable to finish our meals in full!

Drinks are reasonable priced too.

It's a shame that it's not open in the evenings as it would be an ideal place for a cosy meal - especially upstairs. Talking of upstairs, there's a wide selection of travel books to peruse too!

One word of warning - which is a suprise in today's technological age - credit / debit cards are not accepted - cash only.

All in all a great spot for lunch and excellent value for money!

monolocouk, Owner at Monoloco, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

"Hidden Gem" - I like that.

Cheers for finding us and taking the time to write such a good review, really appreciate it. Anytime customers (and a few do) want a slightly smaller salad its not a problem. I have tried to make them smaller, but lately I've returned to my bad big portion ways. Note to self ;)

We'll revaluate at our debit card problem again at the end of the year, since we've started we've put all our emphasis in to the food, giving the best , most original choice possible for £8 and one of the reasons that we make that possible is by not taking cards and the costs involved. We do tell people and it does state about not taking cards on the menu and a cashpoint is about 50 meters away, but can understand in todays world some people see in as an inconvenience. That said I don't want my staff taking all their time individually taking £1-50 for cups of tea when others are waiting like you see in the corporate coffee world.

Thanks for mentioning the books, any customer can take a travel guide away on holidays, just bring them back next time you pop in.

Cheers for in-depth review and the kinds words.

Come back soon, now you've found us.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My partner and I have been here a couple of times for lunch and it hasn't failed to impress yet. It's tucked away and can be easy to miss but definitely worth finding. There is a a lovely atmosphere and the staff are great. The menu is pretty extensive and there's something for everyone. We both opted for the burger on our first visit and it was very impressive. The burger itself was pretty huge and clearly homemade, beautifully seasoned and cooked well. It came on an enormous bed of salad & roasted garlic new potatoes. Absolutely delicious! Our second visit, my partner went for the burger again as it was so good and I tried the tandoori chicken - of course both delicious again. Each dish on the menu is £8 which is an absolute bargain for what you get. I've read the menu changes quite frequently so we're looking forward to visiting again and seeing what new dishes will be available.

1  Thank alana223
monolocouk, Owner at Monoloco, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Firstly thanks for finding us, some of the staff use it as an excuse still for being late (two years on).. Secondly, thanks for the lovely review and glad you guys enjoyed your lunch.

Come back soon..