“Fresh, vibrant and great value for money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Monoloco

Ranked #5 of 66 Restaurants in Petersfield
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Small bistro/restaurant in a small courtyard - semi hidden - off Petersfield High Street.With a walled garden and courtyard seating. Monoloco starts the day serving breakfast then on to a lunch menu with daily home cooked specials.In the evening Monoloco changes into a steakhouse where you can have sizzling steaks,tuna or salmon cooked on a hot lava stone to your liking.
“Fresh, vibrant and great value for money!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Thought we'd give this place a try based on the positive reviews and we weren't disappointed! Popped in for lunch and were greeted by the friendly staff as soon as we walked in the door. The restaurant interior is simple but has a lovely quirky charm and bohemian vibe. Service was quick and the food was delivered promptly. I had the Jerk Chicken and my husband had Tandoori Chicken, both were absolutely delicious! The accompanying salad and potatoes were fresh and tasty with lots of variety in the salad. Overall a super dining experience and we hope to visit again soon!

1 Thank pinkcoz
monolocouk, Owner at Monoloco, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
"Bohemian vibe" - i like that.

Hey thanks very much for trying us and reviewing us so kindly and look forward to seeing you guys soon..

Thanks again.

Petersfield, United Kingdom
“Slice of heaven!!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We moved into this area in June last year,and finally got the chance to visit this
Moorish little gem!! which everyone is raving about on Trip advisor. And no wonder,the food is
delightful!!!
We had the Dijon Beef,so tender you did'nt need a knife, it came with a Salad which was a meal
in its self.The Staff were attentive but not intrusive,which meant you could relax and enjoy your food.We was greeted at the door as friends as opposed to customers!!
We will definitely be returning again, and again...
At £8 per dish, it is well worth the money, the quality is out standing...I could go on & on but you
get the idea....

• Visited March 2013
monolocouk, Owner at Monoloco, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Firstly a belated welcome to Peters and thanks for popping in and the lovely review. Mmmm excellent rump soaked for two days in red wine, garlic and mustard, we were quite pleased with it to ( he says in a self congratulating manner) - seriously thanks for trying us and writing kind words, oh and hope the arm gets better, thats if we're guessing right?

See you soon

Monoloco.
UK
“Quirky Cafe”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I found this Cafe on Trip Advisor prior to a visit to Petersfield with friends. After spending the morning wandering around the town with its interesting individual shops, lunch beckoned and we headed for Monoloco in Pages Court. I must admit I was a little apprehensive as there was limited information about this establishment to digest and make an informed choice about a good spot for lunch. As it turned out this cafe was a real find, serving a small varied menu that should suit all tastes. Our party enjoyed a gourmet burger (thankfully without the bun), stuffed Portobello mushrooms and Tandoori chicken all served with a substantial salad. This is not fine dining but a good place for a filling and satisfying lunch. The cafe is small with basic furniture but interested staff and a good kitchen that provide a very good product. I am sure we will return to try other items from the £8 for all meals menu.

monolocouk, Owner at Monoloco, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hi and thanks for coming in, eventually, don't blame you though, the kitchen staff stares put me off..

Its a great review and thanks, we pride ourselves on the food infront of you, served in a friendly manner, and thats are only concentration. I'd agree that we're not fine dining, just fine food, too be honest the people that prefer fine chairs in relation to the food can go on that lonely chair pilgrimage, We might even sponsor that journey and read with much gusto to the fascinating blog..

Anyho, thanks for the kind words, it helps and means a great deal to us.

See you soon..

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“tasty little hiden gem!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

after reading the reviews me and my wife decided to give it a try, went at lunch time and we ordered the Mexican meat and the smoked duck dishes and we both enjoyed the food there salad and ingredients were fresh and everything had taste to it so quality was good, as quantity goes we had a lot on the plate I would say more on the salad side which if you are a vegetarian you would love but as a carnivore I wished I had seen more of the meat on there but at that price of £8 it was worth the visit, and finally the ambience of the place was cosy with a homely feel to it staff laid back and not pushy or intrusive, only thing that I thought could be fixed is the water in the bathroom as there was no running water at the time of our visit and the fact that bleach bottles are in reach of children but these are small things that can be fixed easily, other than this I would have rated full 5 excellent and we are already looking forward to go back and taste another dish or even a breakfast from Monolocco! Great place!

monolocouk, Owner at Monoloco, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hi and thanks very much for the kind review and really pleased you loved the food.

The toilet (well ladies) has been an ongoing problem for us, we repair it every 2 months, but then someone breaks it again, and again, and again, The water still runs but you have to lift the tap head. I might add the gents in four years (which is identical) has never been broken ;-) We will repair it again though, and when we catch her, we'll feed her a supermarket lasagne as punishment!

We leave the bleach in the toilet for hygiene reasons of the customer, I can understand your point but the bleach also has safety lids on too and I can't imagine toddlers would be allowed to go in the toilet on their own, but we keep thinking on that one and if enough people also agree we'll move it.

Thanks again for taking the time to review us.

See you soon

London, United Kingdom
“An update on my last visit!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I think another review on Monoloco is way due since my last review and for good reason. I don't know how Monoloco can provide such quality fresh food time and time again for the price they charge.

For just £8 (yes £8) you get a choice of some great dishes that have you salivating just reading what is in offer. I had the Jerk Chicken wings which were not only what they say they were hot and spicy, but would give any London Caribbean Jerk established a run for there money they are that tasty.
My wife had the portobello Mushrooms which she loves and had on her last visit ( She will try something different next time) again not just one but 3 mushrooms.

My point being in this review is that people need to support family run places like this. They are hard working friendly not pushy at all and you can see whats being cooked right in front of you.

And last by no means least the PRICE!! £8 for a plate of food of this quantity and quality amazes me how they do it.

Thanks again for some great food at a great price. We will be back to try something different next time.

monolocouk, Owner at Monoloco, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
What a lovely review! I couldn't agree more and I always try to eat out at independant bistro's and give them my support and they're some great ones in Petersfield.

Glad you enjoy the Chicken, we think we've just about got the marinade sussed, tempted to do a "Man v Food" version for the chilliheads! ;-)

Thanks again for the support, these kind of reviews really lift us..

see you soon.