Ye Olde George Inn
Langrish House(Petersfield)
The Trooper Inn(Froxfield)
The Swan Hotel(Alresford)
View Hotel
New Place Hotel(Shirrell Heath)
View Hotel
All reviewswalking the south downsthe pubcomfortable overnight staywarm welcomeexcellent breakfastgreat showerroom was largestayed here for one nightwould stay againcar parkaccommodationsdwensuitesinkchef
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Very impressed by this great pub. I was walking the South Downs way and stayed for a night. I thought it was great value at £55. The food was fantastic and the room very clean and cosy (what I needed after a long days walking). The staff were friendly. Great fried breakfast. I was surprised how good it all was for the price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Markytotheg
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I honestly do not understand ANYone giving a bad review for the George... my boyfriend and I stayed here overnight during a weekend away in the south west that I had planned as a surprise for his birthday and it was everything I had wanted it to be for us/him - not only a beautiful old pub in a gorgeous little village, but quality Badger ales on tap, friendly and oh-so-accomodating staff, amazing food worthy of london michelin-starred restaurants and absolutely flawless accomodation where, amazingly, dogs are welcome! ...I say 'amazingly', because of the excellent standard of the room - we are lucky because our dogs are pretty well behaved and can hold their wee, but in my experience so many hotels/inns do not trust pet owners to know their dogs and sacrifice quality/standards to allow them, ie. they give dog owners slightly sub-standard rooms.... This was NOT the case in the George. Our room was warm and welcoming, spotlessly clean and beautifully and tastefully decorated with a fantastic charm that made it EXTREMELY hard to leave the next day. My one single criticism was the specific hours we were able to check in due to the pub closing for small part of the day, but that's only because i would have wanted to spend longer there! Thankyou everyone at the George for making a nice weekend truly special, we will definitely be back... (I hope for my birthday!)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer H
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

From check in to the time of check out I felt really welcome here. I stayed in a twin room, the room was lovely and clean with a nice old English feel to it. The bathroom was clean although I did manage to run out the hot water after a long shower! I appreciated the provided coffee, biscuits, and water. A guide to the local area was also provided with some great information and useful taxi numbers. I didn't feel like having a full breakfast but was offered something for road - many thanks! :)

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank ianedmunds
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Ye Olde George for a few nights in September and thoroughly enjoyed my visit. ALL the staff without exception were friendly, polite and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were lovely, well equipped and spotlessly clean. The hearty breakfasts were great and the food in the bar/restaurant was delicious. Overall a wonderful stay in a beautiful old pub set in a very quaint little village. Excellent value for money and I will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jollyjane1
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I had one night at this gorgeous pub/hotel in August, We stayed in a very large room with stripped floors a massive superking bed with a fabulous bathroom (great shower).

As the menu looked fabulous we decided to eat here.....I am so pleased we did, the food was exquisite, probably the best meal we have eaten (and we've eaten a good few in very nice restaurants!) I had the oriental duck for starters while my husband had the scallops, we were so impressed that we couldn't wait for our mail course. We were not to be disappointed, The steaks were to die for, absolutely divine! A really good meal, great wine list with an excellent Pinot Grigio choice. The waitress was a gem, nothing to much trouble and always a smile at the ready.

The superking bed was super comfortable and we woke refreshed and ready to face our breakfast which we were also impressed with, gorgeous local produce cooked perfectly.

If you want excelllent food cooked to perfection, a really good nights sleep, super service and a relaxing atmoshphere you certainly will not be disapointed with Ye Olde George Inn!! If we are ever down that way again, it will definately be on our itinery!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple