“Another magical experience ..........”

The Dining Room at Chewton Glen
Ranked #4 of 55 Restaurants in New Milton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Dining Room at Chewton Glen, is a truly cosmopolitan and quintessentially English restaurant. Offering a nexus of beautiful conservatories, intimate dining spaces and a stunning open wine room. The Dining Room is as formal or relaxed as the mood takes you. An open format grill menu has been care-fully created for you to enjoy old Chewton Glen favourites as well as innovative creations from our present kitchen brigade. All intelligently cooked - from amazing ingredients in season -then simply and effortlessly presented.
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Once again I had the pleasure of dinner at this fabulous property.

The management and staff never fail to make you feel special and the food was fantastic.

My only complaint is every time I leave he Chewton glen I am constantly tying to find reasons to return !

Reviewed October 27, 2012

More expected from a 5 star Hotel. Was early for our booking but got seated which was great. Classical music playing which I enjoy but sounded like we had walked into a funneral.The room was to hot and stuffy. Took a while to be seen by anyone. Waitress eventually came to our table. Tea was good cakes & scones were nice but the dietry request was not forfilled as per my booking. Sandwiches were a little stail and considering we were the first people there dont really think it was exceptable. Overall it was ok as the company was very good but would not come again. Service was not what I expected for £25 and the hotel reputation.

1  Thank Sophy W
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Sorry to report the very poor quality of Afternoon Tea at Chewton Glen.

Room in which Afternoon Tea is served is tired and in need of refresh, sandwiches tasteless (tinned salmon), afternoon tea cakes shodilly prepared and uninspiring, Victoria Sponge was probably good the day before and scones very unusual!

Service wasn't bad!

£25 per person would be better spent else where!

1  Thank Diana B
Reviewed October 9, 2012

What a wonderful place to celebrate a special occasion. I could not have been happier with the service, food and surroundings. A magnificent day out

1  Thank kimeeles
Reviewed September 23, 2012

A birthday trip here was not enjoyed.
a] Restaurant not close to being as good as 8 years ago.
b]Staff miserable and cant be bothered attitude,restaurant manger in particular.
c] No atmosphere and decor very 'tacky'
d]No mention of our birthday visit ie customer on next table given small cake with candle even though she said it was not her Birthday-I emailed beforehand but my daughter missed out.
e]Not much choice and treated as a nuisance for not having wine and for choosing the 2 course set menu.
To sum up- this Hotel and Restaurant do not feel special any more and there are many in the New forest to beat this.

8  Thank Lin J