“Excellent 5 star country house hotel”

Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Milton
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent 5 star country house hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

A truly special country house hotel excellent service food and staff. quality in everything they do understated and discreet. Perfection is their watchword a realy special place lovely grounds well maintained with walks through their own woods a beautiful hotel in a beautiful setting

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel and its facilities overwhelm one at the first sight. No two similar rooms (even of the same kind), each detail in desigh is deep and consistent. I loved staying there (for a short time though), and other things being equal we'd send our priviledged customers there.
Food is also nice, spa is defo lovely with great comfortable swimming pools and nice "healthy" bar in the same zone.
If I have another chance, I'll go to bungallow suites. They are fantastic! Indeed they are!

Good luck!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Poole, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We lunch at the Chewton Glen regularly, and the staff were as friendly and helpful as always. The lunch was generally good, but my salmon was so undercooked that it was slippery and the flesh would not be parted from the skin, and was inedible. This was replaced without question, but the replacement would have been improved if it had been cooked for another 2 minutes. However I was able to eat it, but suffered from a disturbed stomach shortly afterwards. I was not charged for this dish.
As I have previously had very good lunches at the Chewton Glen I believe this must be an unfortunate one off.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Oxon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed here at the end of the summer 2012 with my wife and 1yr old daughter for 3 nights mid week. We had a balcony suite in the main house and it was amazing. I couldn't fault anything. My wife now jokes that i benchmark all other hotels by the Chewton glen; using sentences like; it's great, but its no Chewton glen. Well, it's deserved! Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for out of this world service and luxury! One of the best hotels pools/spas i have come across in the uk also. Service was faultless throughout.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Northampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Went to stay for a 'Spa night' on Mothering Sunday. The spa is out of this world. Best I have every been too. The hotel itself was wonderful. The room was large with its own patio. The restuarant food was second to none. In addition ALL of the staff were friendly and helpful. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 'Bronze' room No. 82 - lovely
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the treehouse and we thought it was absolutely amazing. The tree houses were very romantic, stylish and had everything you could ever need and more! There's a log fire, proper hot chocolate and teas you can make yourself, along with marshmallows :) A hot tub outside that was just great! It was freezing when we arrived and I really didn't want to go in the hot tub I didn't think I'd enjoy it at all...but I LOVED it! We even canceled our dinner restaurant reservation to stay in our treehouse we just didn't want to leave it!! We could easily have just spent 3 days and nights in it! But there is so much more to do here. Instead of going out we had room service that consisted of cute hampers being delivered to us via a hatch!! Same for breakfast so you don't even need to be disturbed. You order movies to the treehouse, as well as popcorn and beers in an ice bucket! My husband tried to tip the porter but they would not accept tips which we have not seen before! We had a few issues with our tv and the young man who came to look at it wouldn't accept a tip either which he easily could have without anyone knowing so the staff are obviously loyal and trustworthy. The spa was lovely and very professional, although for a hotel that's very "romantic" and perfect for romantic couples I was really surprised and very disappointed there was no couples room at the spa! I had to have 2 hours away from my husband in the middle of our really loving trip which I didn't like, as many spas have couples room. Even if your here with a friend or mum/sister it would be lovely to have a few treatments in the same room while having a girly chat. The staff were all exceptionally lovely (more so than any other 5 star hotel) Really cannot wait to come back I think in the summer will be truly amazing.

Room Tip: You have to stay in a treehouse for the ultimate luxury romance!
2 Thank HeartsandLove
Ringwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just enjoyed a lovely mid-week break at The Chewton Glen.Although we arrived on a grey and miserable afternoon the weather doesn't matter when you walk through the door of the Chewton all your cares disappear a warm welcome is a given and we were immediately taken to our wonderful suite The Jacob Faithful suite,what a fantastic luxurious comfortable suite of rooms beautifully decorated.We quickly changed and headed to the spa for a quick blast through the hydro therapy pools before having an hour's total relaxation in the hands of the hotels wonderful massage therapists,the treatment rooms are very calming and warm so a contrast to the cold and wet weather.

The only problem was we weren't staying long enough, great Hotel great staff and great food thank you Ashly and your team.

Room Tip: They are all good but the Jacob faithful and the Poachers suites are beyond good.
1 Thank WALSHPATRICK50
Montagu Arms Hotel
Montagu Arms Hotel
#1 of 3 in Beaulieu
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,116 reviews

Been to Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!