“Another very satisfied customer”
Review of The Palms

The Palms
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Milton
The Palms
Ranked #10 of 14 New Milton B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Just to let you know that I recently had a fantastic stay at the Palms. Comfy bed, free wifi, cleanliness superb, and the cooked breakfast was excellent. Marion and Peter could not have been more helpfull. Take-a-way in the conservatory after work - all in all another very satisfied customer.

I'm not sure if the comments below from "KaAndLaWigan" are for real or a wind-up, because I could not fault the place or the pleasant behaviour of the hosts. Clearly this is a B&B, not a hotel, so I would expect guests to be up and out and not hanging around the house during the day, as seems to be the case here.

Room Tip: There is a double and twin. I stayed in the double, but twin looked equally comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank John W

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We were staying at this B&B for 5 nights. I was par-taking in some work experience at a near by solicitors firm whilst my friend came for a short break away and also to keep me company.

Firstly the rooms are lovely and very well kept. There was everything that we could of needed including dressing gowns and WiFi. The bathroom was very modern and exceptionally clean. The range of breakfast available was more than desired with the times being very lenient however we would have liked some strawberry jam!

However we do have some reservations about our stay at the B&B. On first arrival they seemed lovely, accommodating and couldn't do any more to help. However on the second day they suggested that my friend 'get out the room earlier' and also 'shower before 10am' as there was other things they had to be getting on with. We would have happily vacated the room if they politely requested us to do so, but they just seemed as if we were a burden in their daily schedule.

When paying money to stay somewhere (and on holiday) I expect to take things at a leisurely pace and not feel rushed to get out from under their feet. I didn't feel comfortable relaxing in the room and felt as though they would start to become irritable with us. We went out everyday for lunch and then remained out until well after tea time, so we weren't really in the room all day.Upon telling Marion our train home was at lunch time she became 'off' with us and felt uncomfortable being in her company as she became very short in her answers. We just feel that people that own a B&B should accept that each customer has their own agenda and shouldn't have to abide by their daily timetable that occurs whether they have customers staying or not.

This would be a perfect place to stay if your plans our to go out early and come back late otherwise you can be made to feel like a burden.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KaAndLaWigan
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I've just stayed at this great B&B for 2 nights as I was attending a wedding in New Milton. It's a fantastic place to stay and if I'm ever in need of somewhere to stay if I go back, I'll definitely be booking a room here! Marion was so welcoming and accomodating, storing my goats milk in the fridge and keeping my 'free from' rolls in the kitchen so I could have them at breakfast. I stayed in a twin room which I couldn't fault, spotlessly clean and good supply of tea, coffee and hot chocolate to make in the room. A lovely fluffy robe was also in my room for the short dash from my bedroom to the bathroom across the hall!! The bathroom has a good size bath and a seperate shower, and whilst it's shared with the other bedroom, this wasn't a problem at all.
There was a great choice of food on the breakfast menu, and it lived up to expectations...the bacon was especially yummy!!!!
So I highly recommend staying here if you're in New Milton because I don't think you could find better!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Sueby77
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Having accepted an invitaion to a 40th birthday party in the New Milton in the New Forest, it seemed prudent to find a suitable B&B for an overnoght stop. My wife was recomended a B&B through a colleague at work where the company has used this B&B for thier own staff.

The Palms in Newlands Road offers an outstanding standard of accomadation.

Upon arrival, tea and biscuits were offerred and gratefully recieved after a long day with little respite.

The room was bright airy and clean. Tea and coffee making facilities were in the room. Along with a flat screen TV, there was a wireless internet conection available. The bed and bedding were immaculate. Overall the standard was high as one could percieve or desire. The bathroom, although not ensuite, but across the hall looked liked something out of a magazine. by the way, bathrobes were supplied in case you did not have your own with you.

Breakfast in the morning was at a time you wanted it, up until 9a.m. We were spoilt for choice with a comprensive menu to pick from.

All in all Marion and Peter Beck's B&B is well worth considering if you are in the area for any length of time and need some good old fashioned home comforts.

Our verdict, excellant value for money.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank JohnfromEngland
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed here with my two children for 3 nights. The owners are friendly and welcoming. The house and rooms are cleaned to a 5 star standard! The breakfast was fresh and fabulous with plenty of choice. It was great to sit in the conservatory eatting breakfast watching the birds in the garden.

Fantastic value for money, highly recommended. We will definately be back!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank Hayley498
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I have stayed at The Palms twice & found it to be a very enjoyable experience. The hosts are most welcoming & nothing is too much trouble. From the abundant & tasty breakfast to my pristine accommodation, it is impossible to find any fault. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
11  Thank Ritchie12
Reviewed August 11, 2010

This is a gem of a b&b which is within walking distance of the local shops in New Milton, and only a short drive from the coast. It is run by Peter and Marion who are a delightful couple who cant do enough to help you enjoy your stay. The bedroom we stayed in had its own television and a tray for making your own coffee and teas. The bathroom which we had to share with the other guests was kept immaculate. Breakfast was your choice from an amazing selection of juices, cereals, toast, and cooked breakfast, which we ate in a beautiful conservatory overlooking their colourful garden.
All in all I would fully recommend this b&b for its location, cleanliness, hospitalitity and value for money.
Michelle & Roy