Champneys Forest Mere
$136
$121
$176
$171
The Trooper Inn(Froxfield)(Great Value!)
$110
Premier Inn Petersfield(Petersfield)(Great Value!)
$72
PremierInn.com
$177
$144
2,381 results
All reviewsthalassotherapy poolexercise classesterrace restaurantoverlooking the lakewater bedshealth spahealthy foodoutdoor poolsteam roompremier roomthalassotherapy sessionsnow roomrelaxing breakspa areanight breakfitness teamrelaxation room
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful 2 night break at Forest Mere. The experience was wonderful and returned feeling physically and mentally refreshed. The whole experience is perfect. The building which is an old hunting lodge is beautiful as is the location next to a big lake, the food is delicious and the swimming pool was a highlight for us. The staff are so kind and friendly at all times. The classes are fantastic and the treatments are heaven. I cannot wait to return and have purchased my next break already. You will love it!!!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor with a lake view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have just returned from an overnight break at Forest Mere. Let's get the not so good out of the way first....some of the soft furnishing in my room looked a bit "shabby" and I felt that the standard of the meals wasn't as good as it once was. Not a huge selection at the buffet breakfast and the lunch was ok but again a bit lacking in invention and bit thrown into the buffet style as opposed to laid out attractively. On asking if I could move my dinner reservation forward by 30 mins I was told no despite there being lots of free tables??????
However, on the positive side, it is like walking into a special bubble that whisks you away from the daily stresses. The room was good and bed was so comfortable. I stayed in a Premier room and you get fruit and Firefly drink on arrival, specific parking spaces, robe in your room for you and preference when booking treatments, classes ect. I had a thalassotherapy pool session which was good apart from one station being out of order but Gary explained this in advance. I had a fabulous facial and "head in clouds" massage from Cassie which was just magical, what an asset she is to the resort.
In the evening there were roaring log fires and Xmas decorations were up which added to the atmosphere.
Staff in General were very good and I would say I will return. Having gone to forest Mere for about 10yrs now, I find it value for money and they do "tweak" things to make it a slightly different experience.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2013

An excellent 2 day stay with a delightful,quiet and spacious bedroom. The treatments were very good with staff being caring, very professional and attentive. The indoor swimming pool, one of the largest I have used, is, like the other facilities very well maintained and in excellent condition. Food throughout the day was fabulous,lunch overlooking the lake in the sunshine a delight with evening dinner relaxing and enjoyable - a wide choice of menu with exceptional presentation. The wait staff were attentive and very professional. We were so taken with this venue we booked for another two days before we left. If you are seeking a country setting to relax,chill and enjoy great treatments -this is the venue for you.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Champneys Forest Mere is as stated above . There are some wonderful rooms with logs fires and chilled out areas , just to unwind and think about life . The food in the restaurants is fabulous and well cooked, with lovely presentation. All the staff here are friendly and could not be more helpful and knowledgable about availability , so just ask !(Ross, she is brilliant )

All the bedrooms, that I could see, are beautifully cleaned and well maintained.

I am not a great one for beauty treatments, so I can't comment on this.

Every thing in the pool area but mostly the Thasso-pool area, needs some added love, as looking a bit worn and damp looks like it is coming though the walls. Some of the lights in the ceiling, need fixing but when your in there for a while, you tend to notice these thing but forget to mention them , while your there!!so Its a bit mean ,to mention them now but it has stayed in my mind...Sorry.

Some of the Special Offers are a bit misleading and you need to read these carefully and slowly so be warned, however , there are some that are excellent value, like their return visit vouchers.

We just went for R&R which we achieved with 100% score. It was just what we needed and were looking for .

If you want to jump around like a looney , speed walk though the country side, ride bikes in puddles until your covered in dirt, sweat in aerobics or fall asleep throughout an entire yoga class then this is the place for you.

Champney is what you want it to be , its up to you to make it your own, its all there, just waiting to be explored.

Good Luck

Room Tip: There are not many disabled rooms and there are steps that need to be ramped for wheel chairs . Ask for a tour of the beautiful rooms at the top .Some thing for every bodies taste and a larger than average wallet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Henlow but the setting of Forest Mere is incredible and makes for a very chilled stay.

Everything else is just as good as at Henlow, the food, service, room, treatments but for me the location just made it even more wonderful. I arrived completely worn out from a busy work schedule and by the following day I was so relaxed I even took myself off for along walk in the grounds and I don't even like walking! I did that 3 times during my stay.

Highly recommended if you need a chilled out relaxing stay.

Room Tip: I upgraded to a superior room which was well worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo