Old Thorns has/is undergoing a huge transformation, areas that are completed look really very nice, however I can see why the reviews on tripadvisor vary so much. My experience yesterday 24th February 2014 was stressful to say the least and not the relaxing day I had planned. On arrival we were sent to the very busy spa reception area where we stood in a queue for a less than acceptable time, we were given paperwork to complete which included our requested lunch and time for lunch, after completing these we were shown roughly where to go by way of a therapist standing and pointing to corridors telling us to turn left right etc. We found the pool area, it was packed no chairs to sit on and pool busy, so opted to go into the gym this was an excellent facility fantastic state of the art equipment airy, cool and clean spent about an hour in there,then decided to get changed and go to the pool before lunch, mistake...the changing rooms were so busy there was no where to get changed I had to put the towel they provided me with on the floor in a cramped corner and lay my clothing on that as no benches were free! when I went into the pool area there was no where to sit, my husband emerged from his changing room with a man carrying a very young baby girl I commented that it was nice to see daddy doing the changing he said and I quote ' my wife couldn't find anywhere to lay her in the ladies as it was so busy' this says it all really, did not swim went back into manic changing rooms and dressed for lunch. Our 'allocated' lunch slot was 1pm on arrival at the restaurant the paperwork we completed at reception could not be found so there was much faffing about over this issue, my husband enjoyed his carvery lunch , I am a vegetarian this option was ok but nothing special. Our treatments were in the afternoon so back into the equally busy changing area then onto the treatment area which again was busy all 8 beds in the relaxation area were full so we sat on a sofa outside, our treatments were acceptable and that is all. Glad to have the day over by 5pm - back into the changing area no shower free and all hair dryers being used so got dressed and left with a sigh of relief really nice to get home and have a comfortable chair to sit in !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 400 acres of picturesque countryside, Old Thorns has a unique way of doing just about everything. Steeped in history but with a modern contemporary edge, our 4 star hotel is widely regarded as one of the best hotels in the south of England, providing guests with a truly authentic experience. Offering a wealth of luxury facilities, Old Thorns boasts 160 bedrooms, 14 fabulous function rooms, 5 amazing Ball rooms, stunning spa and a state-of-the-art three story health club and wellness center, tennis court, nature trails, conference center, and a wonderful 10 wooden building Eco Pod Village with a state of the art facilities building. It is truly the perfect "Glamping" experience. Not forgetting our championship golf course designed by 'the voice of golf' Peter Alliss. Our unbeatable location on the beautiful Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex borders means we're just 5 minutes from Haslemere, 20 minutes from Guildford, 35 minutes from the historic coastal city of Portsmouth and 30 minutes from Goodwood and Chichester in West Sussex. We are ideally situated with easy access for unforgettable days out in the south. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel And Golf Course
- Old Thorns Hotel Course
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course Liphook, Hampshire