“Spa Heaven”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Liphook
london
“Spa Heaven”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We had a one night stay and it was very nice, lots of things to do and enjoy.
Food was very nice but do not expect your wine to be chilled, i had to complain and get bottle changed but the bar staff were very nice about it. My hubby said the golf course was great and i will say the same for the spa facilities.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

We booked a overnight spa break costing less then £80, and it exceeded our expectations.
The spa was beautiful, modern and clean, beauty treatments were fantastic and the girls all very professional, the restaurant was lovely and staff very friendly. Room was fab, wasn't in keeping with the rest of the hotel,but was a fair size, clean and the bed was massive and the hotel staff were very friendly. A few down points, the salon could have been closer to the spa, as I felt a little silly walking around the hotel in my gown. Couldn't get a drink whilst in the spa, unless I went to starbucks, a little embarrassing walking through the sports bar to get to it, in my gown. And take a book or mag, as I forgot and couldn't get one.
But apart from these very little complaints we had a fantastic time.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Short business ip and enjoyed it very much.
Lovely easy check in, pleasant front of house and quickly to my room. Very nice room, clean and everything I require.
Lovely resort and food was excellent (carvery was wonderful).
Comfortable stay, nice breakfasts and very efficient staff.

Room Tip: A room at the rear is quieter as my front facing room was a little disturbed by cars in and out of t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I attended a wedding here very recently. We were going to stay the night however 4 weeks before our circumstances changed and I called to cancel the room. As I cancelled 4 weeks in advance I would of expected my deposit to be returned- oh no! I was told that it wasn't company policy to return deposits even though I bet they managed to re sell the room therefore gaining twice. Sadly this experience has tarred my opinion of this hotel.

When inside the hotel it feels very superficial and impersonal nothing special at all. Some of the furnishings are decorations cheap and tacky as did the plastic laminate flooring in corridors. It has the price tag of an expensive luxury hotel but sadly lacks the quality.

On the plus food was fine considering it was produced for around 90 and the dealings with staff was pleasant and the communal areas were clean.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Went for a friends 40th birthday celebration. The setting is lovely and the rooms very comfortable and of good sizes, note the beds are quite firm!
The men went golf, due to adverse weather they could only play 9 holes, but were allowed to go round twice. Meanwhile the ladies were enjoying being pampered in the spa and making the most of the facilities. Treatments may be shorter than you'd expect but all were a good standard and the pool/spa area is lovely, clean and with all the facilities you'd need and more!
The carvery was good and everything cooked very well. The buffet breakfast was limited in choice and the hot buffet was cold. Overall we all enjoyed oyur visit and thought it was a good choice. One improvement would be to have a coffee/bar area in the spa area so you don't have to walk into the bar in gowns with lots of men in golf gear or wedding guests looking lovely.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Southampton
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I booked old manor for my sisters hen spa break. The day before we were due to go I decided to read some of the reviews on here, big mistake!! After reading them I was really worried that I had made the wrong choice. So the next day we arrive and oh how wrong was I, the place looked amazing :) there was 9 of us altogether and they had us all next door/opposite each other. (Also I had added the 9th person only a few weeks before we went, and they were brilliant at accommodating this. Another bed was added to a room and they changed us on the spa booking so we could go in together! Instead of 4 and 4 they changed it to 4,3,2) well the spa facilities were amazing, and the pool, and it was reasonably quiet whilst we were there so had the hot tub/sauna/steam room to ourselves! Dinner in the eve was beautiful, I was worried as I don't like carvery, I decided I was going to pay the extra so I could have steak, then the waiter told us that also available at the carvery was lasagne and chicken& mushroom pie... Result! Lasagne and salad = a happy me! The next morning we went to breakfast, wow, so much choice and was all lovely, and hot (not always the case with buffet breakfast!!) plus fruit, cereals, toast and pastrys. After we filled up for the day we checked out, and we were told we could use the facilities up until 4pm, so off we went to use the relaxation suite and everything else! Also having a Starbucks there was a perk as we got to enjoy good cuppa before leaving for home. We were very lucky that we had good weather so were able to make use of our little terrace and sit outside to enjoy the coffee! Price wise I couldn't believe we got everything we did and had only paid £89. Everybody I've told says to me, did you get a voucher off groupon?! They can't believe it when I say no, it's actually how much the hotel charges! Also friend of mine recently did a spa break and had to pay £120 just for the room and dinner, they had to pay full (expensive) price for their treatments. All in all this hotel/spa break is fantastic value for money, and we can't wait to go back in January to celebrate my aunties birthday!! Oh just one more thing... The only criticism I have is the room was far to hot, and no air con! Couldn't find the heating switch, but it probably could of been sorted if we'd bothered to phone reception!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mel C
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I wrote to the hotel to complain about the bad experience that I had and they have chosen to ignore me. So I will tell you:-

Dear Duty Manager

Having organised a special stay for my daughter and son-in-laws celebration I was disappointed when they came home to inform me that a weekend away is a great idea, but not at the Old Thorns Manor Hotel.

They stayed in room 117 on Saturday 19th October . The room was very pleasing to the eye on arrival but the bathroom was clearly not, my daughter has taken some photo’s which can be forwarded if necessary but if you visit the room yourself you will see. The soap dispenser clearly not appropriate, and the tiles very dirty and unhygienic. The shower did not work in as much there was no hot water only cold coming from it even after letting it run in hope that it would get warm.

The TV remote control was also not working when they tried to use it on arrival, the batteries inside were leaking. This was reported straight away but took over an hour for someone to come and sort this out, this may not seem long but when you are trying to pack so much into a short time, to have to sit and wait around in the room was not a good start.

A complaint was not made at the time about the bathroom because the condition was not noticed until they went to use it on the morning of departure so it was too late to rectify, so they just put together a wash bag and went across to the spa area to shower and dress. Also they felt that if the hotel did offer any sort of compensation at the time for the poor condition of the room they could not accept this because it was a gift from their parents.

I am well aware that I could post negative remarks about the hotel on sites like Trip Advisor, but feel the right thing to do is inform you of the situation so that you can rectify any problems for future guests but I do hope that you offer me appropriate explanation and compensation for the poor quality of the room that my family stayed in.

Over to you and I await your response within the next ten days.

With kind regards

Room Tip: Check it out before you stay.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Sandyemmerson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liphook
Lythe Hill Hotel & Spa
Park House Hotel & Spa
Solent Hotel & Spa
Solent Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Whiteley

Been to Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course? Share your experiences!