3 friends and myself stayed in the eco-pods for a spa break and we had a great time.
When I called and made my booking with the spa team they were very helpful and my booking was made with ease, they were able to book us all in for our treatments at the same time with 4 different therapists which I though was great as we weren’t separated for long.
When we arrived at 1pm we were greeted by a male receptionist who I felt was quite unhelpful, he said our pods weren’t ready until 3pm and to come back then to check in and then he walked off. Another member of staff came to reception and I asked her if she could check to see if just one of the pods were ready so we could leave our bags and get ready to go to the spa, she was very helpful had a look and told me that both our pods were ready and we could check in early.
We were very surprised with the pods, even though they look very small from the outside we felt they were quite spacey inside and enough room for a 1 nights stay, we made use of the outside space too even in October we were able to sit outside on the chairs provided and enjoy a bottle of bubbly.
We then went to the spa and felt like we were being pampered from the beginning, we were given slippers and towels and shown around, we made use of all the facilities which we felt were great, we even asked if we were able to get a bottle of bubbly to drink in the relaxation room which they said was no trouble and went and got one from the bar for us. We all had back massages which were amazing, my therapists was called Tanya and I could not fault the massage she gave me. I wish we were able to have more treatments but they were fully booked very far in advance.
Once we were finished in the spa we went back to our pods to get ready for dinner, we enjoyed the carvery which was nice and then enjoyed a great night in the sports bar and then the champagne bar. We went back to the spa the next day to enjoy the facilities again as they were so relaxing.
I will defiantly be coming back here for another girls weekend and also booking for one with the men as I hear the golf is very good too!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 400 acres of picturesque countryside, Old Thorns has a unique way of doing just about everything. Steeped in history but with a modern contemporary edge, our 4 star hotel is widely regarded as one of the best hotels in the south of England, providing guests with a truly authentic experience. Offering a wealth of luxury facilities, Old Thorns boasts 160 bedrooms, 14 fabulous function rooms, 5 amazing Ball rooms, stunning spa and a state-of-the-art three story health club and wellness center, tennis court, nature trails, conference center, and a wonderful 10 wooden building Eco Pod Village with a state of the art facilities building. It is truly the perfect "Glamping" experience. Not forgetting our championship golf course designed by 'the voice of golf' Peter Alliss. Our unbeatable location on the beautiful Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex borders means we're just 5 minutes from Haslemere, 20 minutes from Guildford, 35 minutes from the historic coastal city of Portsmouth and 30 minutes from Goodwood and Chichester in West Sussex. We are ideally situated with easy access for unforgettable days out in the south. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel And Golf Course
- Old Thorns Hotel Course
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course Liphook, Hampshire