I stayed at this hotel last weekend for two nights with several work colleagues as a prize through our work, and I have to say that our stay here was really good. The rooms were a good size, well presented, with nice bathroom, and very quiet. We were all in the section of rooms down the bottom near the pods (my room overlooked the car park but it was quiet, whereas some of my colleagues were in rooms overlooking the grounds and the pods).
We had a meal the first night in the main restaurant (it was the carvery meal) which was really good, followed by drinks in the sports bar and terrace, as the weather was so lovely. The Saturday morning was spent leisurely starting off with the breakfast which again was good. We left late morning to spend the afternoon at an activity centre (our company had organised an afternoon of activities starting with clay pigeon shooting, powerturns and hoverides etc, all good fun) coming back late afternoon to chill out by having a swim, sauna etc in the lovely leisure section of the hotel. I didn't go to the gym, but one of the group did and said the gym was amazing.
Dinner in the evening was again good, upstairs in one of the rooms above the Sports bar. Drinks followed in the Champagne bar downstairs. Sunday morning we all had breakfast and then left to go back home. We all thought this hotel was good, and at all times the staff were efficient and courteous. A group of us thought we would like to try this hotel again for a ladies spa weekend or something if we can get a good package. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel to my friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 400 acres of picturesque countryside, Old Thorns has a unique way of doing just about everything. Steeped in history but with a modern contemporary edge, our 4 star hotel is widely regarded as one of the best hotels in the south of England, providing guests with a truly authentic experience. Offering a wealth of luxury facilities, Old Thorns boasts 160 bedrooms, 14 fabulous function rooms, 5 amazing Ball rooms, stunning spa and a state-of-the-art three story health club and wellness center, tennis court, nature trails, conference center, and a wonderful 10 wooden building Eco Pod Village with a state of the art facilities building. It is truly the perfect "Glamping" experience. Not forgetting our championship golf course designed by 'the voice of golf' Peter Alliss. Our unbeatable location on the beautiful Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex borders means we're just 5 minutes from Haslemere, 20 minutes from Guildford, 35 minutes from the historic coastal city of Portsmouth and 30 minutes from Goodwood and Chichester in West Sussex. We are ideally situated with easy access for unforgettable days out in the south. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel And Golf Course
- Old Thorns Hotel Course
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course Liphook, Hampshire