Myself and 6 friends recently had a 3 day golf trip at Old Thorns and were very impressed by the whole experience.
The course was very well presented, fairways and greens looked very good even after the recent poor weather. All of us are regular golfers and found the course testing (not a bad thing). Glad we hired the buggies!
Our rooms at the hotel were better than what we were expecting after staying at many different golf resorts/hotels and being left disappointed, they were clean, tidy and modern. Couldnt think of a down side to note.
Nice touch having a on-site starbucks for a pre-round pick me up.
We had dinner in the main restraunt, which was a cavery buffet style set up, (breakfast was similar service). Decent portions and good quality. We then had drinks in the sports bar before moving into the atrium bar for the rest of the night untill the early hours, the barstaff and manager on duty were friendly and effiecent. (decent cocktail menu)
Overall found it good value for money and left very happy, looking to set up the annual work golf event there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 400 acres of picturesque countryside, Old Thorns has a unique way of doing just about everything. Steeped in history but with a modern contemporary edge, our 4 star hotel is widely regarded as one of the best hotels in the south of England, providing guests with a truly authentic experience. Offering a wealth of luxury facilities, Old Thorns boasts 160 bedrooms, 14 fabulous function rooms, 5 amazing Ball rooms, stunning spa and a state-of-the-art three story health club and wellness center, tennis court, nature trails, conference center, and a wonderful 10 wooden building Eco Pod Village with a state of the art facilities building. It is truly the perfect "Glamping" experience. Not forgetting our championship golf course designed by 'the voice of golf' Peter Alliss. Our unbeatable location on the beautiful Hampshire, Surrey and West Sussex borders means we're just 5 minutes from Haslemere, 20 minutes from Guildford, 35 minutes from the historic coastal city of Portsmouth and 30 minutes from Goodwood and Chichester in West Sussex. We are ideally situated with easy access for unforgettable days out in the south. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel And Golf Course
- Old Thorns Hotel Course
- Old Thorns Manor Hotel & Golf Course Liphook, Hampshire