Metro Inns A3 Liphook Services
$136
$121
$176
$171
The Trooper Inn(Froxfield)(Great Value!)
$110
Premier Inn Petersfield(Petersfield)(Great Value!)
$72
PremierInn.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This is our second stay here. For the price you pay, you'd be surprised.

Rooms are clean, warm and spacious. A mini fridge, microwave and big TV makes it all that better.

Friendly and helpful staff always makes a better stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Hulya P
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had to find sometime to stay overnight quickly as we had no electricity - again, and I just wanted warmth and no hassle for one night.

All that we could find locally was this Metro Inn at the northbound Liphook services on the A3 for £35. We were just grateful to find anywhere, but we had a lovely big room with TV, microwave and fridge, stack of storage room and a sofa.

We had a pizza in Haslemere (Ask - very good) and a couple of beers, and went back to our cosy room. There was a deli and Starbucks on site (in the services), so breakfast was very easy (and yummy).

For the odd nights escape, we felt it was really great value for money.

True it was a bit tired but, come on, for £35pn what do you expect?! We'd go back if we have another power cut. Loved it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back - we hardly heard the A3 which is a really busy dual carriageway at most times. Note: there is no swimming pool or ness centre, but the TripAdvisor review insists you complete these bullets too. Doh!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank beenrippedoff
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Good points- the young lady on the reception was very friendly and helpful with my questions.... There were lots of spaces available in the carpark.... Costa was open early and late (I don't like costa but I had to find something else nice to say). Oooh I forgot... It had a microwave in it, presumably for the ginsters pasty you just got from the petrol station.

The room had clearly been smoked in- yuk. To say it was in shabby repair would be an understatement- towel rail coming off the wall, dirt in corners (didn't dare inspect the sheets) and a sticky carpet. The room was so hot it made Dante's inferno seem like an ice room. Even in January with the windows open as far as they could go. We booked a twin which was a double and a put-me-up sofa. The latter was so stained and funky neither of us wanted it so drew lots and then top and tailed the bed. (I lost then did best of three and won but we decided it wasn't worth the loss of a friendship)

I am a fan of budget hotels. I like getting a bargain and I don't mind the loss of luxury you get from a cheap hotel. What I do mind is filth and poor maintenance. £42 for a double.... I've paid less for better campsites.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank saraboom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was one of the worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune to stay in. Thank goodness it was only for one night we didn't arrive until seven in the evening and had to go straight back out so didn't have time to check the bathroom or any thing else.The place it self smelled like a dirty public toilet, the paintwork was scuffed and dirty and the bathroom was a disgrace dead spiders in cobwebs the tile s were filthy and when I ventured to have a shower the bath was slimy and sticky. Needless to say I abandoned any attempt to have a shower The towels and sheets were clean though and Matthew on reception very helpfully arranged a taxi for us T he noise from another room was horrendous this sounded like someone marching back and forwards for most of the night We were in room 5 and another member of our party was in room 14 he had the same experience a us only his shower had no pressure at all NEVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: just don't go there. There plenty of better quality places to stay near which are reasonable priced.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel is situated in a service area of the A3 carriageway and resembles the look of a Travelodge, there is a Costa Coffee outlet on the site but the nearest eatery is five minutes drive away in Liphook. Room 33 is a family room and is in the main reasonable with a 40" flat screen tv, the bed is comfortable and pillows adequate,sadly the carpet had not been vacuumed very well, I found a large clump of short black hair on the bedroom floor as well as noticeable spots of fluff, management needs to inspect cleaning standards more often. Room pricing for this budget hotel is extremely competative but that doesn't mean it has to be less than standard. Having read some of other reviews before staying I took an air freshener but it wasn't required.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business