“Truly excellent food”

Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My son and his wife took me and my wife to this wonderful restaurant as an early Christmas gift last November. I hadn't realised that the restaurant was listed here in Trip Advisor and I saw it by chance today. The food was excellent. The service was warm and friendly and the whole dinner was terrific. Excellent value for money and I recommend this place to everybody. I will go back again when I get the chance. Nepalese food is actually far better in the UK than it is in Kathmandu. Anthony Slark, Kathmandu, Nepal

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is an outstandingly good restaurant. We usually go there to eat when we go to see our relatives. The service is exceptional. I can see why this place has so many good reviews, it's simple : Excellent food and faultless service.
There are so many good dishes to choose from the menu and every one of them is delicious, the waiters are always helpful and always there when needed. This was our fifth visit and we wouldn't go any where else.

1  Thank mark e
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I have not eaten here for a while but I have just enjoyed the most fantastic meal I have ever had at the Gurkha Chautari. Food - superb, service - excellent, value for money - very good. It has always been good restaurant but the new owners have taken it to a higher level. We will become regulars again

1  Thank Ian S
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We found this restaurant on Trip Advisor. The top restaurant in Liphook. To be fair there aren't many! From the outside we were unsure. But the food was amazing, the best curry I've had. The wine not so great! We were struggling to get a taxi back to the hotel and the manager said he would drive us back! So friendly!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The point about the Gurkha Chautari is the food: very tasty, non-greasy, pleasingly non-standard. But be aware that it is very popular at weekends when service can be very slow indeed.