Esseborne Manor
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
White Hart(Andover)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewssconesfour poster bedafternoon teacourse tasting menuon arrivalcream teajacuzzi bathhighclere castlelovely breakan overnight staytravelzoo dealone night staynext morningroom was largebar areafull english breakfastpork
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had our wedding ceremonie and party at this beuatiful hotel the weekend of the 7th of september. The whole day and evening were perfectly organised by Ian and his team. The food was delicious, the staff very, very friendly and all our family and friends loved the rooms, which were very big and clean. Breakfast was organised in the same perfect way and was delicious.we can t think of a more romantic, beautiful place to celebrate with family and friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank rose e
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights in August in a "premier" room. The staff are friendly & the service was faultless. Dinner in the restaurant was superb, with fresh, beautifully presented ingredients. Definitely the highlight of our stay. Breakfast was good too. Like other reviewers, I found the room to be slightly disappointing for the price but that said, it was comfortable & we slept very well, in spite of the blankets! I would stay there again.

1  Thank Nurse_Susi
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My first impressions was that Essemont Manor was a traditionally run hotel and had character throughout the living areas. I was greeted with a smile and was escorted to my room, with was more of an outbuilding adjacent to the main building. My impressions of the room was that is was clean and tidy, however the decor and furnishings require a little updating in that it was all a bit "chintzy", although the bathroom appeared to have been renovated more recently than the room itself. The bed was reasonably comfortable, although I found the old style blankets itchy so removed these.

Dinner was a pleasant affair, with the service being of a high standard, with every need being promptly catered for, and the food of decent quality, which had obviously had some time and effort spent on it during its creation by the chef.

The drinks were of average price for a hotel and the bar service was also as good as the restaurant with the staff bringing the drinks to you.

Overall, I was very pleased with my stay although I am unable to give top marks as the room I had looked a little tired and in need of redecoration to bring it to a higher standard. However, I managed to overlook this due to the other aspects of my stay which were well catered for and resulted in an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BrickVader
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed there for one night for a friend’s wedding, when we got there, were greeted ok, and then was shown to the room. I am slow to walk up the stairs, was told by the manager who was showing the room to us. To hurry up, did not carry the bags for me, just opened the door and went, the room very dated, and the bed hard with a plastic cover on it, very lumpy. We had blankets on the bed with very flat pillows, not a duvet. Could not open the windows to let air in, very stuffy, and there was no blinds just heavy curtains, as it was the front of the hotel, people could see you getting ready, so when you closed the curtains it was too dark to see what you were doing. Even with the lights on, the wedding food was very small serving on the plate, only one very small bread roll per person and we had two very small bowls of veg, which was to cover 8 people on the table, so some of us had no veg, the lamb was raw and very under cooked, and not much to eat. had to get some food from outside the hotel. Room was not cleaned very well, rang for room service to get a sandwich, but told that it wasn’t available; found the prices very expensive for two small bottles of warm cola and a lime with water cost £5 pounds. The evening BBQ buffet was cold and only open for one hr, the ribs was cold and the burgers was pre-cooked and warmed up, on the Breakfast, was under cooked sausages, the bacon was ok, had cold coffee on the table and cold toast which was left from the other wedding guest. No fresh coffee or toast was put on the table. after we had paid our bill we went to the Portway Hotel in Andover for a good hot breakfast. I will not be going back there again.

Room Tip: sorry i don't think it gives you value for your money at £125.00 a room and the service was poor
1  Thank Deborah C
Hamilton903, Manager at Esseborne Manor, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are surprised to hear that you did not enjoy your Wedding meal. The feedback from the other guests at the wedding with regard to the Wedding meal was very good (please see review 'No Croissants' ).. We note your comments on our Breakfast Buffet and are currently reviewing it. In addition we are a little confused by your comment concerning a plastic cover on the bed, as none of our beds are covered in plastic.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I booked this as part of a combined deal to view nearby HighClere Castle through buy-a-gift.com. The setting is fantastic, located in beautiful countryside set back from the main road.

We were greeted by friendly staff who checked us in and directed us to the room. The bedroom (named 'Kew') was fairly large with adjoining beds to form a double. The bathroom was a good size and was clean. The room was perhaps a little tired and in need of a little refresh but it wasnt bad. I did have a problem with the bed though, it appeared to be leaning to one side and was uncomfortable as a result.

The food in the restaurant is great, it arrived promptly and was piping hot. The wine was perhaps a little pricey but I suppose to be expected from a hotel.

All in all, we were happy with the stay although I've stayed in more luxurious hotels. It has a nice old feel, but that came with a slightly tired feel also in the bedroom decor.

Great access to HighClere castle just 10 mins away.

2  Thank Mike E

Thank you for your review. We apologies for your uncomfortable sleep. We have repaired the bed after you brought this to our attention.