“excellent service”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Hook
Port Talbot, Wales, United Kingdom
“excellent service”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

friendly staff and management .
The rooms may have been dated but they were spotlessly clean and comfortable .meals well presented, would recommend the Raven, throughly enjoyed our stay. We stayed for 7 nights &the staff were brilliant.
loved Sadie the friendly resident German Shepherd Dog

Room Tip: room 18 was excellent.Cant speak for the others.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
OldEnglishInns, Manager at Raven Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thankyou for your kind comments. We are now in our second week managing the Raven
and hopefully the momentum of improvements being made will continue to grow over time.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had a Christmas Party here, and I also stayed for the night. The whole evening I could not fault. The team where extremely friendly and efficient. We had 42 people at the party and yet all the food was served in a very speedy way so that we all had our food hot. The quality and quantity of the food was great. The rooms where extremely clean, the beds really comfortable. The staff made us all feel at home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Herne Bay
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I booked into the Raven Hotel last minute at the end of a very long tiring day driving. The reviews seemed very good. I was sadly disappointed as there were a number of things lacking which I would expect of a hotel in this price range.
I could not find any information in the room directing me to which phone numbers to call for reception, room service etc. I finally had to ring a central company number who then transferred me to reception who then gave me the number for room service. I upgraded my room to a suite which I am presuming just a bit bigger than normal rooms. The bathroom was clean but looked like it needed a bit of an upgrade with a loose toilet seat for one thing.
When roomservice arrived I was surprised to see my meal was not covered in any way and therefore not very hot (my room was possibly the furthest away from the restaurant). No condiments came with the meal, not even salt and pepper, which makes for a rather sad dinner!
I ordered one poached egg and toast in the restaurant for breakfast and was served two hard poached eggs. The cutlery was the wrong way round on the table.
When I checked out in the morning the female receptionist asked if I had a good stay and I told her the truth about everything I had noticed. I apologized for sounding negative but found it frustrating such small things were overlooked. She was very nice and said the comments would be passed on to the relevant manager.
On a positive note; my bed was extremely comfortable and my room was warm and cosy. I would stay again if there was more attention to guests' requirements and needs.

Room Tip: If you struggle with carrying your bag request a room near reception otherwise ask for help as some...
1 Thank Kay R
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Ate here today and have to say was very pleasantly surprised. The waitress Rumbi was spot on happy and chatty. (Thank you) we had the 2main meals from a selected menu for £9.95 Drinks came to the table so didn't have to go to bar ! Food came out and was on hot plates and we had fish and chips . The fish was very good ! Nothing was left on the plates. all 5 of us enjoyed the meal.Would defo eat here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
OldEnglishInns, Manager at Raven Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Really glad your enjoyed your stay, your comments mean alot to us here at The Raven. Look forward to seeing you again.
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We use this hotel regularly to meet up for our managment meetings in the bar area. Alison and her staff are always welcoming and helpful, especially Freda who is always there early in the morning to meet us with a friendly smile!. Facilities are good, clean and user friendly.

The food is always good value for money with an excellent selection to suit all tastes and budget.

Look forward to our next visit in the New Year.

Wendy Savage

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Had work Christmas party at the Raven, there was 16 of us, our waiter for the night was a man called Mon, he had done a brilliant job. Everyone was pleased with the food and the service, all meals were out on time and hot, we didn't have to wait long between courses. Well done and a big thank you to Mon.

• Stayed December 2012
OldEnglishInns, Owner at Raven Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again very soon. Momchil
Fleet, Hants
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I used the Raven recently for an offsite all day meeting in the raven Suite. With it being end of year we did not have much budget and it was perfect for what we wanted. Allison was great with all the arrangements running up to the day and then the staff were very attentive with any issues/questions we had on the day. We ate in the resturant which I did a pre-order form for. Food was good value and came out very quickly. I will definitely be using them again in the future. THANK YOU to the Raven...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hook
Basingstoke Country Hotel & Spa
#1 of 4 in Fleet
The Elvetham
The Elvetham
#1 of 1 in Hartley Wintney

Been to Raven Hotel? Share your experiences!