“Wonderful friendly customer service”
Review of The Bear Hotel

The Bear Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Havant
Woking, United Kingdom
“Wonderful friendly customer service”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had to organise accommodation for 18 ladies at short notice as I had been let down elsewhere. It was for them to have a reunion weekend including a trip to PlayZone in Cosham in the evening and the staff at the Bear Hotel were helpful and efficient at helping me plan everything. Room rates were extremely reasonable, check-in time was moved to suit the schedules that the ladies had to work within and when I turned up unannounced to have a look round the hotel, the receptionist showed me round immediately. She made helpful suggestions and offered one of the meeting rooms as a venue so the ladies could show images of their travels and play some games. Despite numerous phonecalls and changes to numbers, the receptionist was always extremely professional. The ladies reported back to me that breakfast was lovely and that the staff on duty did everything they could to ensure their stay was a memorable one. First class service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Banbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Hotel could do with a bit of updating however definatley value for money, staff very plesant and helpful and even gave advice on places to visit locally. Food WONDERFUL! with lots of options even for a picky child, room very clean and well presented beds very comfortable. Would certainly stay again next time we visit family

1 Thank Trinitys A
OldEnglishInns, Manager at The Bear Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thankyou for taking the time to comment. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you at short notice. It is always nice to hear feedback from our customers. We always try to ensure that every customer receives first class service and we pride ourselves, as a company, on having a wonderful breakfast to start your day.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This place is absolutely perfect. Had a wonderful stay, me and the wife were made to feel like celebrities! The rooms were very comfortable and the beds are also super comfy. We were greeted on arrival and the service was very good as well as breakfast being delicious! I would 100% recommend a stay at this hotel, no matter how many negative comments there are I disagree with every one as we were completely satisfied.

• Stayed February 2013
OldEnglishInns, Manager at The Bear Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thankyou for your feedback. I am glad that you were made to feel special. We always try to ensure that all our guests are welcomed in exactly the same way. Look forward to seeing you again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed at the Bear Hotel for a 2 night business trip, from the time of check-in upto and including the check-out I could not fault this hotel.
Ok it may need some updating, but overall the staff, service, food, cleanliness and atmoshere are excellent and without doubt the hotel is great value for money.
I will return without question when I'm back in Havant on business is a few weeks time.

Room Tip: Book direct with hotel its the same price as the net rates and a lot less hassle
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thankyou for your positive comments. I am glad that we made your stay a pleasant one and we look forward to welcoming you once again in the future.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Used to stay at the Bear hotel many years ago (15 at least) and quite happy. Had to go to area on business and stayed for one night. Since my previous visit carpets and decor had not been touched. Everything well worn dirty looking and a disgrace. The food in the restaurant was awful. Chips that were of the oven variety, were soggy and hard being kept warm from lunch I suspect. One of the staff admitted it was tired and said that because they sell the rooms the chain would not spend any money on it. The whole place should be closed and fully refurbished. The lack of bar customers (none) and few people in the restaurant was not surprisinIf you value your health and sanity do not stay here.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thankyou for your recent comments. I am sorry that we did not manage to reach your expectations on this occassion. I will be personally checking the quality of the food that leaves the kitchen to ensure that it is upto its normally very high standard.
milton keynes
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Travelling to Emsworth to pick up a boat with my children. We stayed for two nights. All the staff were excellant, they spoke to all my children and seemed to take a real interest in them, making conversation and even supplying withtoys and colouring equuipment during our dinner times. Made my life alot easier. Thankyou!!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Reviews are a mixed bag on here. Our son recently joined the Navy and we travelled to meet him as he based in Portsmouth. We booked on-line for a 2 night stay. The cost was worth taking the risk given the reviews. Our room was a little dated but the beds were fabulous. We only ate in the hotel the first night and found the food to be more than adequate for our needs. The staff were smashing and cheery.
We simply got what we paid for with a smile.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Havant
Brookfield Hotel
Travelodge Havant Rowlands Castle Hotel
Portsmouth Marriott Hotel
Portsmouth Marriott Hotel
#18 of 38 in Portsmouth

Been to The Bear Hotel? Share your experiences!