“Very nice burger but when did it become acceptable to put chips in a mug!”

The Old House at Home
Ranked #5 of 85 Restaurants in Havant
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Rustic home-cooked food is the order of the day at The Old House at Home, a 17th century pub in Havant. The best Sunday roast thanks to our seasonal ingredients and the meat from our superb local butcher. Choose from six ales, four lagers and a fridge full of craft beers!
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This is the first time I have been to this pub and I must say it was a very pleasant outing.

The pub is one of the oldest buildings in Havant (it is on the Havant heritage walk) and has retained a rustic charm and a sense of history in the building. This did mean, that I practically had to crawl around some areas due to low ceilings (I am a giant) but this all added to the charm.

We ate our meal in the Pub Garden, which I must say was rather lovely, I ordered a big burger which seemed home-made and of a very high quality. My only slight issue with the meal was, when did it become acceptable to serve chips in a mug??? Other than that the presentation and taste of the food was of a high standard.

The menu is not large (a positive in my eyes) but has something for everyone.... apart from the old man sitting at the table next to the bar, who ordered a steak, scrambled egg and chips, which did not appear on the menu but the bar staff were happy to accommodate him. All staff were friendly and helpful :).

I look forward to future meals in the pub garden this summer.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

fab wee pub in the town, excellent for lunch or coffee, food is really good, good portions and you get your moneys worth, enjoyed a fab night here, gets quite lively sometimes and all very enjoyable.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Have been to the pub years ago and thought it was about time to re-visit with two colleagues from work.

The staff were really polite and friendly which is getting quite rare these days.

The food was well priced and arrived not long after we ordered. As you can see in the photos two really nice quality burgers, presented really well but also very tasty. Some places concentrate more on the presentation than the taste and quality but not here.

Really nice atmosphere with a log fire burning in the background.

Can't think of one negative thing to say. Just keep doing what you are doing.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I've been here a few times and I'm usually very happy with the food. The only thing I don't like is that every time I visit the menu seems to be changed and it gets smaller every time. I used to like that it had the mix of restaurant-style specials, and homecooked pub classics on the regular menu. More of the pub classics are being replaced by the fancier meals, and I preferred the classics. But the food is tasty, if sometimes a bit overpriced, and it usually comes very quickly. Staff are always quick to inform you if there is going to be a wait on food which is appreciated.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Fab local little pub nice and close to where I work......always a bonus. Has a feel of a lovely country pub, roaring log fire, low beams and great staff. They have a smallish menu but it is also cooked to order and the burgers are amazing. There is also a good selection of real ales. Definetly worth a try and the garden is so pretty in the Summer.