“The Wait was Worth It!!!”
Review of Adventure Balloons

Adventure Balloons
godalming
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“The Wait was Worth It!!!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Well my son turned 15 but the trip was for his 14th birthday....British weather is fickle....but today at 05:45am....all was well....brilliant!!
We flew from Alton in the Surrey balloon but after 1hr 45mins landed near Farnham so we were very happy.
The balloon and equipment are world class and our pilot; Kerry just a skilled and outstanding professional.
If you ever forget how beautiful this country is take a trip with this company around the borders of Hants and Surrey.
You can even see the sea!
Fautless...the frustration of cancellation after cancellation faded into the ether as one is reminded of the shere marvel of flight...and you can't steer!!!
Great job Kerry and the team.

Watford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing experience... Patience needed!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Bought this for my boyfriends birthday... Took us 5 attempts to get up in the air as the weather was always wrong but I have to say that once we finally flew over London it was just amazing... I wish I could do it everyday!

Hook, United Kingdom
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Slowly Drifting”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Floating in the summer air, 2000 ft above the ground, going whichever way the breeze blew. Fantastic!!

We took a weekday evening flight from Basingstoke and wind took us across to Odiham airfield. Take off was so gentle and the balloon just graceful rose into the air. The Chinook helicopters stationed at Odiham were quite busy on the night, and whilst from the ground their distinctive chop chop sound is quite aggressive, from 1500 ft above them, it's strangely melodic and soothing. And made for some fantastic sights, even if they did come out as barely more than small dots on the photos. It was a little hazy on the night after a warm day, but visibility was still really good, quite easily seeing 20-30 miles to Farnborough, Bracknell and Reading.

Kerry, our pilot for the night, was great, pointing out landmarks on the ground as well as telling us about the balloon and explaining the radio chitter chatter with the various ground stations. The flight lasted around an hour, travelling about 12 miles and landing in a 'friendly' field near Crondall. Landing was good - no tipping over and all the passengers (16) then helped to deflate and pack up the balloon as we waited for the ground crew to find us. Then champagne, a look at the photos taken from a balloon mounted camera, and certificates before being ferried home in the landrovers.

Tips: Take a good camera, views are amazing. The burners make it quite warm on the head, might want a hat. Basket with 16 people is quite cramped and if you want to look in a particular direction you need to be in the right quarter of the basket. Flights often get cancelled - we were lucky going on the day we first booked, some of fellow passengers had tried 5-6 times before. Enjoy the moment - it's quite magical.

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Had an amazing experience flying over London this morning with Adventure Balloons. All the crew involved were great and Kerry the pilot was very calm and competent. It's an incredible experience which I would recommend to anyone. What a fantastic birthday present!

Reading, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Balloon flight”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Having used this company before about 7 years ago for my first flight I new how good they were and I wasn't disappointed . The crew were friendly and answered questions and were informative during flight.. The flight it self was brilliant it was something that I had done before and enjoyed so much that is why I had my second flight . I would highly recommend them too anybody thinking of taking a hot air balloon flight you won't be disappointed absolutely fantastic experience !!!!!

Visited June 2014