“Excellent!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“Excellent!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been driving past this restaurant for the last four years and never bothered to go in, because I thought it was one of many places providing "almost the real thing" which is sadly the case with a lot of businesses here. But today I needed last minute a place to have dinner with my family and as we were nearby we popped in ... and I realised how wrong I was about this place. The service was perfect, the food was perfect, the wine was very good. The place itself is very impecably clean and very cosy, a real oasis of good food in English country side. I almost feel like I have wasted those 4 years just passing by this place!

4 Thank Opanta

ALTON
“FANTASTIC SERVICE”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Wonderful and welcoming staff - the service and food was superb. Excellent choice of dishes and truly Italian - not a burger in sight!

3 Thank KLW400
Stratfield Saye, United Kingdom
“Gone doWhy ill a bit”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were disappointed when we last visited. I felt they had tried to pack too many diners in and therefore lost the nice touches that they used to have.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Liz K
Boracay, Philippines
“High Quality with a Smile”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Our family have eaten at Mama Mia's many times over the past 3-4 years and last night we celebrated Mum's 82nd birthday here. From the moment we arrived we were welcomed and made comfortable. The restaurant has such a good reputation we'd booked weeks in advance for a saturday night table. Can't really fault the food at all. Fresh and imaginatively served, with a great selection of pizza, pasta and meat and fish dishes. I highly recommend the whitebait starter and the chefs specials are always fantastic. Can't recommend highly enough.

3 Thank DrGrahamecox
aussie
“over priced and very mediocre”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

we visited Mamma Mia last night..the Service I have no real gripes about..had to ask many times for a jug of water..asked several times for ice in my Drink,,but it was no biggie..iam Italian so I know Italian Food,,our food was Bland in the extreme..asked for my Fillet Steak to be medium to well dob]ne it came out rare with blood running onto my plate!!! the Sauce was Bland...please note Vegetables and Potatoes are extra..having spent £20 on the Steak alone I did it expect it to be cooked as I requested...the Tiramasu was just like a Chocolate Sponge!!I can only assume the chef is not Italian !! this meal was just bland and average and I have had better in a Beefeater for half the price our bill with three courses and two glasses of wine was £100 !!! There are to many tables squeezed into the Restaurant...this is not Italian food at its best..We wont be going back..there are many other Restaurants that do Italian as it should be..I think this Restaurant is starting to believe its own Publicity always a big mistake...

• Visited October 2013