“Nice”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Four Marks
Manila, Philippines
“Nice”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Nice place to stay, nice and helpful receptionist when we check in and advise of the road we we need for our morning travel. Nice and comfy bed, easy to find . Surely come back if we ever come near here again

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bugibba
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stayed in Travel Lodge for 3 weeks in April 2014. We have rented our house and live abroad most of the year, we only travel back to UK to visit family and friends so we find staying in Travel Lodge convenient and very good value for money !

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dorset
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with some family on Friday night for a wedding. Great size rooms, very quite , I dont know what they sound proof the rooms with but I couldn't even hear the children running around and laughing next door from inside the room (they are my nieces so believe me I know how noisy they are) Beautifully clean bathroom and to be honest it does what it says on the tin!. Beds are a bit hard but thats just personal taste of course.

But this is what my review is really about. I was the official photographer for my nephews wedding and when I got home, I realised that I could not find one of the memory cards !!! PANIC. …. So, I called the central TL number on the website who gave me the hotel number.

When I rang the hotel and spoke to someone called Martin and explained my predicament. Martin was so sympathetic to my plight and seemed to completely put himself in my shoes. He took my number and went to check the room, not once but twice and not one room but the opposite room too in case I had made a mistake with the room number (which I had) .

He also said that one of the rooms were now in use with a do not disturb sign but would check again when it was free. He left notes for the other staff members on the next shift to do the same and promised to email or ring me on Sunday with any kind of news whether good or not good.

Nothing I asked seemed to be troublesome and THAT, as they say is excellent customer service and I am extremely impressed. Thank you Martin.

Oh and with regards to the missing memory card????? It turned up in a bag (phew)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Fareham
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Friendly receptionist, who very kindly gave us the numbers for local taxi firms. Nice clean room, tea/coffee available. Handy vending machine for snacks. Lots of parking available. Good quality tv. Good shower pressure.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Evesham
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Good size clean hotel with clean well maintain rooms with large bathroom with wet room and extra towels , good size bed and TV. Tea and coffee making facility easy parking outside hotel made stay very enjoyable

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I recommend this hotel and would stay again if I find myself in the area.

Was not expecting a lot for a budget brand but this was such a great place to stay.

The concept of basic hotel is epitomised by this hotel. There are absolutely no frills: no telephone in the room, no toiletries. The idea being to drive down costs. Such a great idea and such brilliant value.

Costs being low, the hotel is thin on the ground with numbers of staff, as expected. What service I requested was available and check in and check out was a doddle, with a smile.

Room was clean, modern with contemporary basic décor. It was surprisingly spacious. I forgot about the no toiletries supply, but the lady at reception was willing to hand over a few cakes of soap. There were plenty of towels.

There is no hot breakfast in keeping with driving down costs - no staff to hire. Breakfast was available as a take away box. I chose a cereal pot with uht milk (kept chilled) and disposable cutlery, muffin, breakfast bar and OJ. All at a very reasonable cost of less than £5.

I like a warm room and I was able to heat the room to a comfortable temperature.

For munchies, there is also a vending machine in the reception and an M&S not too far from the premises.

The bathroom had a swivel shower head and there was a non-slip tread on the bath surface. The
shower controls were responsive and water drained well. Excellent plumbing!

There is a ramp alongside the stairs to help drag all those heavy suitcases. Parking is free and plentiful.

There is no evening meal but beside the petrol station, I ate at The Saffron restaurant which was run by a friendly Bengali Brummie. Very prompt service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The rooms have had a recent make-over - With redecoration and new beds.

Accommodation is clean and represents good value for the price you have to pay.

No on site restaurant - so bring your own breakfast (or pay for the very expensive breakfast packs - £4 for a drink and a cereal bar !)

Staff very friendly

Beware - many drivers use this before going to early morning ferries : if you want a rest in bed in the morning, bring ear plugs so you are not disturbed by early risers.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Winchester
Holiday Inn Winchester
#6 of 13 in Winchester
Best Western Frensham Pond Hotel

Been to Travelodge Alton Four Marks? Share your experiences!