“Not traditional Thai welcome in my opinion.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Menu Thai

Menu Thai
Ranked #19 of 74 Restaurants in Fleet
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hampshire
“Not traditional Thai welcome in my opinion.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I love Thai food and I travelled around Thailand many years ago and enjoyed the food and the friendly natures of the Thai people. The first time I visited this restaurant the waiter and the mature lady manager were cordial but I felt they were not natural 'people' persons. The food was ok, nothing special and the price was quite high for what we had. I returned a year later and nothing had changed. Earlier this year we had visitors and we thought we would give Menu Thai's takeaway menu a try. I rang in the order - the lady seemed to have difficulty taking it - and on collection, it was wrong. The lady was most adamant that I had ordered what she tried to make me take and would not have it that she had made a mistake. Based on the three strikes and your'e out rule, I've never been back.

• Visited March 2012

• Finnish first
Fleet
“Good authentic Thai food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

Great service, fantastic food at good value. Nice setting, if a little small maybe. All that you'd expect of a Thai eatery. Soft-shell crab was excellent. Recommended!

Visited November 2012
Fleet, United Kingdom
“Three and a half stars really...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is the second time I have eaten here and both times I have enjoyed it, but have not been blown away by the whole experience. I loved my dumpling starter and my Thai curry was tasty but not amazing. Service was efficient with a very authentic touch of "you want another beer lady?" It would of been 4 stars, had it not been for the long hair in the food of the person sitting next to me. The food was quickly replaced, but the image lived on......I would probably eat here again though.

• Visited December 2012
Fleet, United Kingdom
“Food Good , Service Poor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Have eaten here a couple of times over the last 3 months.
The quality of food is good but the whole experience of dining here is let down by the quality of service. Despite there only being 2 tables in the restaurant at the time we were dining , there was a constant rush to take the orders and when the main course arrived one of the dishes was incorrect. Rather than just apologise and prepare the correct main dish , the waitor was rude and said ' you ordered'. After a minute or two his colleague appeared and explained that the problem occurred due to his lack of English. Luckily the 4 of us sharted the 3 main dishes whilst the correct dish was prepared.An Apology at some stage would have been nice .

• Visited December 2012
“Good for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Been here a few times over the years, always good food for the price (especially if you don't want to pay for the more expensive versions at WE round the corner).

Always happy to accommodate groups and their set menus are a good price. Menu hasn't changed in a long while from what I can tell so would be nice to see that updated along with some seasonal chef specials.

Also in this economic climate in this area they are missing out on the takeaway market as one of only a handful left not to offer a delivery service!!