“Vile Pub”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The Landlady is rude, the beer though cheap tastes watered down, the toilets were filthy and the staff were extremely abrupt.
Would not recommend it to anyone and would certainly never go back!

1  Thank Debbie M

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Enticed by the age old allure of a food challenge, and at the startling low price of a tenner, I thought I had nothing to lose. Unfortunately I was wrong.

We booked in advance, and turned up a tiny bit early - But this wasn't an issue. I was concerned as I'd read previously that the staff were rude, but none of the young ladies were even remotely unpleasant. Warm, welcoming and friendly, despite obviously being quite busy.

We waited between 45-minutes and an hour, which is slightly on the long side for a Saturday afternoon at 3. But, the food came out, hot and all present and correct. Unfortunately it was incredibly poor quality, and my flaming challenge burger bordered on inedible. The 'beef' patty can only be described as being a "meat flavoured sponge" - It was nothing short of being gross. My step-brother had the ribs, and was left disappointed, my stepdad had the T-Bone, which was OK. Luckily, my wife made out like a bandit, as her kids burger was fine.

To add insult to injury, the beer was watery and naff. Unfortunately this was enough to make me swear off any Flaming Grill establishments for the foreseeable future.

I would have given the Prince of Wales a 1 star rating, if it had not been for the staff, who were pretty cool.

1  Thank Andsy77
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Prince of Wales, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Andsy77, thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. Your comments were a concern to hear and I would like to investigate your visit further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Flaming Grill

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Me and my friend visited here this afternoon to take on the challenge burger. Im glad to report that I finished the challenge! Unfortunately my friend wasn't so lucky and had to leave a soggy bun. Food was quick to come out, waitresses were fairly friendly. No complaints!

1  Thank tokyomofo
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My partner and I popped in for some food on a Saturday afternoon. The first thing that strikes you, after the hideous decor, is the overwhelming smell of fried onions. Enough to make your eyes water. We ordered a mixed grill each after seeing a picture of it on the front of the menu. When it turned up, it looked nothing like the photo. It was served on a skillet, on a bed of over fried onions. The steak was the size of a small chipolata, and the whole thing was more like a child's portion. I mentioned this to the waitress, who replied sarcastically that if it was her,she wouldn't have ordered it. The landlady also seems very miserable, unable to take criticism, and was rude and abrupt. I think the place would be better if they changed the management, the staff, the orange paint job, and the fried onions served with absolutely everything, including Sunday lunch! If that happened, we may go back.

2  Thank Lou763
Reviewed October 31, 2013

probably one of the best steak restaurants around for food, service, choices etc.

you have a wide choice in fleet so best to try this one as one of the first.

excellent place to watch sky sports etc

1  Thank marksandom