“Flaming Orange”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Previously a nice local pub with indoor skittle alley ( circa 1990) Now part of the Flaming Ember empire. Painted bright tacky orange so you can't miss it. Pleasant garden. Inside is nicely laid out. Too many sports TV screens and event nights to be really relaxing. Food very poor. Cold. Undercooked and no great choice for vegetarians. Everything is deep fried. Staff at bar are good, less so in the kitchen. Pleasant place for a drink in the garden in summer but would not recommend it for anything more. I am a local and would not use it unless there were no other options. It's like a Weatherspoons without the reasonable prices.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Prince of Wales, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear GabrielleBurnie, thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. Your comments were a concern to hear and I would like to investigate your visit further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Flaming Grill

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Went for a meal with my husband and little girl, all seemed well to start with, lots of people dining, prices good.

Ordered chicken wing challenge to start, wings were very cold when they arrived. My husband had mixed grill for his main that he upgraded to.king size and I king sized my turf, turf and cluck, when they arrived they were just standard size so had to be sent to kitchen for the extra food to be added. Food came back 10 mins later, my husbands was fine but mine far from it, chicken breasts had dried out and when I got to my steak I couldn`t believe my eyes! It was thinner than Tesco value frying steak! It was supposed to be an 8oz rump steak, well I have never seen a rump that thin before. I complained to staff and was told that the steak shrinks when it is served on a skillet and also as I had asked for it cooked medium they give you a smaller steak, erm hello I paid for 8ozs of rump!!! Never heard anything so ridiculous, after some debating I did get a refund on my meal but will not be eating there again.

1  Thank Naturalangel85
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Having eaten in a wide range of Wetherspoon establishments across the country I have always found the food to be of a reasonable consistent quality, and very enjoyable. Not sure if it was the time of day, or the fact that it was busy but with very few staff, the meals we had were quite honestly rubbish. The chicken was cold and very dry even with a sticky BBQ sauce tipped over it. Very sorry but this one is not up to the same standards as others we have used.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Had a meal tonight with my husband he had fish I had steak the steak was good but his fish was hard he sent it back by the time he got it back I was nearly finished and his fish and chips were hot and nice peas were cold after ten mins the waitress came over he told her that the peas were cold and she look and walk away and went to another girl and they both laugh the a little bit later came and cleared the plates away she lent over and never asked if we were finished and pick the plates up with not a word said very rude will never go back in on the 11th feb 6 o'clock table 26 very poor customer service I am going to write to company staff need training

Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Most shocking pub i have been into in years. Food is so manufactured it makes mcDonalds taste organic and home made the burger tasted of plastic. Its full of football fan types who read the sun who swear in every other sentence. Not family friendly. And there was a horrid smell of sick.

1  Thank tizzwaz