“Good Food”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Since my last review of the Oatsheaf were I commented on the slow service it seems things have improved significantly on the service side. After ordering drinks at the bar we decided to eat and on this occasion the waiting staff were very helpful, fast and friendly. The food was also very good although for the prices being charged it should be excellent.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Last minute dinner required for two. No reservations required which helped us but i think we were just lucky to get the last table which was a large beer barrel to sit at on two stools but we are not precious so it didnt really bother us. Had to request menus twice, also had to request condiments and cutlery after the food arrived at the table which is a bit annoying. Food was very timely although the salmon portion was very small, i could have eaten 3 of them. Colleague chose a pasta dish which was more substantial. Doomar ale on tap which was perfect for us both. Being December the bar area was busy so all the food for the dinning area was lucky to make it past the elbows of festive drinkers thank god. There was also a mess up on our bill in our favour so we pointed this out which was greatfully acknowledged. One female member of the waiting staff was apologetic and tried to be helpful throughout but seemed very frustrated by the whole ordeal.

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We visited the oatsheef for the second time with friends recently and we will not be going back again . We were not given menus but when we did eventually request them, presumed they had everything so we ordered and were told no sea bass and no haddock so why not say that in the first place and then we would not have been disappointed. We were served our starters and then waited over an hour for our main courses; never were we told there was a delay and the restaurant was busy , we had to chase our wine order (including having wine dwliered but left unopened) and when my food was delivered I had 2 of the smallest pieces of meat and the smallest piece of crackling , I complained and they did bring out me one more piece of meat and another piece of crackling although today I have had an upset stomach. I did speak to the manager and he did apologise and deducted money from our bill but we just wanted a nice meal and good service and got neither. There are other issues but to finish we will never be going back, I think that says enough.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Enjoyed our meal but the service was very slow and any questions we asked had to be referred back to other staff. It was apparent that the waitress was new and had not been given sufficient training. Never the less we would return as the food was very good and a varied interesting menu.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

The Oatsheaf hosted mine & my Fiance's engagement party this Saturday... I had to write a review as it was the most amazing night! The service was brilliant, with Jason & Paul checking in on us throughout the night to ensure everything was okay (which it was). We had a hot buffet which was just perfect, delicious food & so much choice. I really cannot fault the Oatsheaf at all, they struggled to get rid of us at the end of the night we were all having such a good night! If you're looking for a venue I would highly recommend the Oatsheaf. Thank you again to all the staff, we really did have the best night!