“Thoroughly enjoyable meal”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Hampshire UK
“Thoroughly enjoyable meal”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

There were 4 of us and 2 children. The little ones were made welcome even when the 6 year old asked for fish and chips!! However he did enjoy his chivken curry. The prawn dish my husband chose we sll voted excellent. Value for money cant say we didnt pay it was the son in law's turn

1 Thank HazelHampshireUK

Fleet, United Kingdom
“Check your bill for drink prices”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

The food at The Golden Triangle is excellent and we had a lovely meal there last night. My rating is based on the fact they overcharged for drinks. This is not the first time this has happened. My husband and I stopped going to The Golden Triangle a few years back for a similar reason and have only recently returned. We won't be going back which is a shame as the food is very good. My advice if you do go is to double check your bill and make sure the drinks charges are correct.

1 Thank plumduff38
Hampshire
“Better than your usual high street Indian”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Visited last night with a few friends. A warm and friendly welcome as we came in and waiter was very attentive. I went for the Lamb Sula as a main - excellent. Great flavours and very tender lamb. Also ordered a side of the tikka masala sauce which was also excellent. Food was well presented, and couldn't really fault them on anything.

1 Thank GWRHants
London
“Gets Better and Better!”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

It’s been a few months since I last visited the Golden Triangle in Fleet, Hants. However, visiting a friend to stay the weekend in town last weekend, we popped over for a Saturday night meal at the insistence of my friend, who swore that this was quite the best Indian in Fleet!

To my surprise, instead of perhaps maintaining an even keel or for that matter even lowering its standards, the restaurant has got even better! This isn’t just because there’s been an interior refurbishment here, but also because the overall standard of the cooking has also improved immensely and it was already very good when I last reviewed it after it introduced a new A la Carte menu.

Quite the opposite of a typical high street Indian, they have a whole team of chefs that have been brought over from India, so one is left in no doubt that the flavours here are authentic – albeit rendered with a certain refinement - robust and really quite addictive!

You can spot a level of modernity slipping into the presentation as soon as the dishes arrive, without though in any way making the items pretentious in any way. Everything had an individual taste, the tandoori items are aromatic and deliciously smoked, the tender “ajwani” salmon perfectly partnered with carom and the creamy mushrooms, infused with cardamom and stuffed with cheese, subtly flavoured with chillies, an unmissable treat.

For mains, one is very spoilt for choice with the restaurant offering a host of “specials” from which the standouts include the comforting almond and coconut butter lamb along with the pot-roasted Punjabi duck that packs a grown and spicy punch without being too hot.

There are a number of usual Indian restaurant standards here to boot, but that’s fine because the cooking is so professionally done and honed in here – and believe me, being a London resident, I eat in a lot of restaurants so I know quality when I see it – that with practically whatever you order, nine times out of ten, you are likely to be very pleased. I’ve eaten here twice now and with friends raving about this place, guess I’ll have to eat here again!

1 Thank Sarah A
Swindon, England, United Kingdom
“Too Hot!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My starter which I've had many times was so hot that it had no taste and made the rest of my meal completely tasteless as my mouth was still on fire! The service was awful, the staff were only interested in getting the takeaways out. Would not recommend to anyone.

Visited March 2014