“Good Italian” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Al Fresco

Al Fresco
Ranked #20 of 74 Restaurants in Fleet
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Great Italian Meal at Alfresco Restaurant
London, United Kingdom
“Good Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Al Fresco does great pizza that's for sure! Nice restaurant just down from the high street, service has always been fine / good and there are a lot of options on the menu. Good wine list also! Will continue to eat here!

Visited November 2013

Hampshire
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We probably visit Al Fresco once every 6/8 weeks because we've never been disappointed with our meal experience there. First of all the staff are all very friendly - service is always good - house wine is just fine. We tend to visit mid week so can't comment on service etc at weekends. The starters are plentiful - enough actually to share. We've found both pasta,pizza and meat dishes to all be of high quality and never had cause to complain about anything. The 2 4 1 offer is obviously an attraction but we'd be quite happy paying full price. Our last visit as a table of four was on the Elvis night which was great fun raising plenty of money for the chosen charity. If you live in the area and haven't tried Al Fresco yet - then you must. Be, the owner will ensure you enjoy your visit.

• Visited May 2014
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Perfecto!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

I've wanted to dine at Al Fresco for YEARS and tonight my husband and I had the opportunity to visit. From the moment we walked in the staff were friendly and accommodating. The complimentary dip and breadsticks were delicious and all the food that we ordered was made with true Italian passion. As the evening got later the atmosphere got better, and the restaurant got fuller...which is exactly how it should be on a Friday night. We couldn't have faulted the food or service in anyway, and we can't wait to go back again already!!!

My only negative is that the car park out the back is a little tight! But other than that, 10/10!

• Visited May 2014
Frimley, United Kingdom
“Delicious and worth the trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

We eat at Al Fresco frequently and are always welcomed warmly. We all like the delicious tapenade with bread sticks. The service it friendly and professional. I have even asked if I can have my favourite meal to be cooked for me and it wasn't any bother.
Generous portions and fresh produce make this a meal worth travelling for.
The last time we are here it was just my husband and I when we enjoyed a bottle of scrummy "perfectly chilled" Italian wine with a very tasty meal.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Camberley
“A mixed bag...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

... Of very friendly staff, nice decor, value for money and wide selection of both food and drinks but disappointing food. Pizza are sadly not the genuinely Italian style of super thin and crispy base, but rather thick dough, pitted and pre-slice olives, straight out of a jar, and generally quite bland/cheap ingredients. The pizza felt heavy and unrefined.

The desert (trio of chocolate) was lovely, but not made on site; clearly an industrially produced, pre bought item. Also I find it worrying that the, delicious tapenade starter dip, is left uncovered on all the tables, which, from a hygiene perspective isn't great.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Alan M
alfrescofleet, Manager at Al Fresco, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Customer
I am very disappointed regarding your comments here at tripadvisor.
First I have to say our Pizza`s are almost best Pizza`s in Fleet if not in Hampshire.
Second unfortunately we can not find any olive tree here in the UK to be able to pick a fresh olive to serve with our Pizza but we don't buy them cheap either and you are the first person to complain.
Third as it says on our desert menu we have only two home made deserts which are Tiramisu and banofee pie but the rest of our deserts come from a very well known Company who supplies to all over the world and they are one of the best.
Forth we offer free tapenade and we serve them to each customer on their arrival but only if we are very busy we may put them on the table a few minutes earlier but I can assure you that they have not been left on the table for a few hours!!!
Fifth I personally do not believe in complains over the tripadvisor or any other internet places as this way will not help mine or any other persons business to improve but if you kindly come to us and told us face to face we would make sure that you would leave the restaurant satisfied.
I hope to see you in our restaurant soon and will look forward to see you walking out happy.

Kind regards