“WOW!”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I love this place. We go to it every time we visit the family. it's not cheap, but the food is fabulous and the service is excellent.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Having been a regularly returning visitor to Thailand I largely value authentic Thai food and not this European/Chinese version of the same.

WE is the only restaurant I have frequented in the Uk that has got it right. I have been a returning customer here for many years and canot rate the food highly enough. When it first opened the interior and decor was fresh and contemporary and although they have managed to maintain much of this it is possibly starting to look a little tired but this is no reason not to visit.

The manager and deputy manager are very friendly recognising returning customers. They have now introduced home delivery which is great given we have moved out of the immediate area. Really great authentic Thai and Indian food at great prices.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was back at my favourite restaurant, can't say how much I enjoyed my chicken chilli with pak choi. I asked for it to be extra hot as I do love fresh green chillies. What can I say? The chef obliged. It's the taste of the authentic thai curry sauce that just leaves me longing for another meal. Another favourite of mine is the Prawn toastie - no other restaurant that i have been to cooks it that fresh, tasty and big. I do prefer the Thai, my friends on the other hand love Indian. They ordered amongst other dishes, 2 of my all time favourites, a King prawn butterfly and the special byriani.
The thing about We is, after i have eaten here, every where else i go the food disappoints me. Which brings me to a point. Why are there so many negative reviews here? Particularly from people who have only ever reviewed the ONE restaurant? How can the reviews be varied.
I say someone is having ago at this restaurant. Anyone who eats in Fleet should not miss out on the experience of WE. Don't rely on these reviews go find out for yourselves :)
Watch this space, I bet it's followed by a number of awful reviews - theres a pattern here.

deen950, Manager at WE Indian, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for your kind words, we do aim to please. Please introduce yourself to us when you next visit, it would be nice to be acquainted.

The Management

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Myself, Wife and two young girls age six and three went here for the Sunday Buffet. £7.95 per adult and £4.95 per child. The entrance is grand and impressive but once inside the restaurant you notice the dirty carpet its quite off putting.

But the most disappointing first 30 seconds was the 'Buffet' itself. Tucked away at the far end of the restaurant towards the toilets is a small table with a few ban marie pans and a very confusing hand written diagram / map which is supposed to indicate whats in each pan.

Boring menu, typical tikka masala, lamb with spinach and chicken jalfrezi, naan, rice, onion bhaji and some Thai dishes which looked too gloopy for my liking.

The food overall was ok, acceptable. Lets not forget its £7.95 but still lacked in imagination and was not presented very well at all. The onion bhaji were like cricket balls and lacked flavour. Dry.

A sign saying 'Use only one plate' was slightly irritating but there was a small side plate on our table so that we could use those to scrape left overs on to.

We ordered 2 x Bangla, the girls waitied for their soft drinks which arrived eventually.

After this we did not speak to the waiter again. No eye contactact. We were not asked if everything was ok and the overall atmosphere in the restaurant was disappointing. Another family left but not sure why.

This place just did not feel right. Unhappy waiters. Dirty carpet, boring sub standard food. Generally miserable.

When our girls had the ice cream the waiter asked if it was ok. Seemed odd to ask about the ice cream (which took a long time to arrive) but not about the actual food itself.

Dont like this place and will never go back on a Sunday nor any other day when the menu is over priced if the waiters are miserable and the place is dirty.

No scores on the doors food rating, is this because its way too low to advertise?

I'll see how my tummy is in the morning.

Lastly - sort the music out, what makes you think we want Abba pumped out over and over again?

1  Thank Duncan W
deen950, Manager at WE Indian, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Our food hygiene rating is 5, from a scale of 0...5 where 0 is the lowest and 5 is the highest. The certificate is available on our restaurant website.

Buffets are prepared to suit the majority; perhaps it was not to your taste. You go to great lengths to criticise our restaurant for the cost of just £7.95 per head. You are welcome to come and introduce yourself to us at the restaurant, and over a drink you can put forward your suggestions in person.

We do our best to provide a good service to our customers and we are always open to hearing their views and recommendations.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Fleet has a great choice of good restaurants covering all bugets and cuisines, sadly this resteraunt does not fall into this category.
The service is among the worst I have ever experienced, the resteraunt is tired, dirty and smells, the food was expensive and of poor quality, and the service was terrible especially the attitude of the manager when we complained.
I simply cannot think of one positive thing to say about this resteraunt.

2  Thank Laura_bj