“Good if you just want to eat!”

Ask Italian - Fleet
Ranked #39 of 74 Restaurants in Fleet
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: ASK Italian in Fleet is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table. Take a look at our Fleet menu and, if you like what you see, book a table.
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I liked the menu which has recently been updated and has some lovely new meals on. We had a table of 6 and i felt like we were being really rushed throughout the time we were there. When asked if we were ready to order and we said not after only 5 minutes of being seated, we got huffed at!!
When we did order there was no politeness or smiles and you just felt like we were being a pain to her.
the food was good though and my gnocchi was delightful so well done the chefs!!
after the meal and the continued fed up expression of out waitress throughout the whole meal we paid and waited for our change to return which as about £15.00 due to the way we had paid. After waiting 15mins for the change we had to ask what the hold up was only to find out that our grumpy waitress thought she'd done and outstanding job and had kept our change as a tip!!! After many blushes and apologies she did return with the money but we were all so gobsmacked that it will be a while before we return.
The food was good but with staff like that i can not say that i will return. Shame

Reviewed October 8, 2013

unfortunately every time I go to this particular ASK there is always a problem...so Ive stopped going there at all....such a shame because the menu is usually good...but theres other places in Fleet Id rather go.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I hadn't been to Ask for a little while - and I'm afraid that it really has not improved - if anything it has got slightly worse in terms of food quality.
We went on a Thursday evening in October - the restaurant was perhaps 25-30% full. This is quieter than I'd seen it before. That is good - when it's full it tends to be very noisy due to the hard sound-reflecting surfaces everywhere.
Service was good - perhaps because they were not busy.
We started with the Mixed Antipasti sharing board (the larger size - £12). It was actually quite good and enough for the three of us. the beauty is that it is fresh rather than cooked. So salami, ham, mozzarella, rocket salad and garlic bread.
The mains were as ususal a dissapointment - they are far too heavily weigted in favour of the pizza base / pasta rather than the more expensive ingredients in the meal. I had the Calzone con Carne - there wasn't much carne and it needed a good lot of chilli oil to bring in to life. My friends mains - both pasta based, looked equally over done in terms of pasta. Mains are about £11 each.
A bottle of quite acceptable Nero d'Avola was £15.
We had a coupon giving 50% discount on main courses - even so, the bill came to £42 for the three of us. I certainly did not feel I'd had £14 worth of value.
The final word - I woke up at 2am the next morning feeling really hungry .... that doesn't normally happen to me and I think there's a message there.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

we all had pizza and they decided not to slice it into pieces for us, the pizza was tht tough that we gave up half way through because our jaws were aching. i recommend not sitting by the kitchen because it was really smokey and if you have asthma then its not very good!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have been to Ask, recently become "Ask Italian" (I think they have nothing to do with Italian), number of times but never had a proper food and service. Starting with the food, its not authentic but commercialized as much as possible and they try to make you feel you are eating Italian. Well, if you have never eaten a pizza anywhere apart from a kebab shop, then yes its better pizza. Service wise, combination of mistakes were; wrong orders, horrendously slow service, given wrong bill with items we never had and considerably ignorant waiting staff.
Would it worth to go back, not before I start receiving mental treatment. You might see lots of people inside - not because of good service or food but the promotions they offer. Enjoy your meal.