“A surprisingly good experience at this new hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premier Inn Fleet Hotel

Premier Inn Fleet Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Fleet
London, United Kingdom
“A surprisingly good experience at this new hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I’ve never stayed at a Premier Inn before as I’m a Marriott regular so I had low expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised. I’d booked my room long before the hotel was open for business so got my room on Halloween for £35. Upsides were as follows: - It’s a minute’s walk from Fleet railway station so very convenient; security was good as you can’t get beyond reception without an electronic room card; staff members that I encountered were very professional and eager to help; everything is brand new and sparkling clean; there’s a large car park which is free for guests but £7.50 for anyone else; my room had a big bed and a large chaise longue which was comfortable; you get free internet for 30 minutes which is handy; there is a kettle with tea bags and coffee sachets; they are generous on the pillows and towels; there are effective blackout curtains; there are lots of plug sockets and a great lighted mirror and hairdryer; there is hand wash and shower gel provided in dispensers; the room seems very soundproof; the air conditioning works well; you can get coffee or tea in the restaurant anytime without feeling you have to have a full meal. Downsides: - weirdly for a business-orientated hotel there is no phone in the room and I could only get a signal on my mobile (Vodaphone) if I left it on the windowsill; the air conditioning goes on and off all the time so if you can’t sleep through that you need to switch it off and remove your room card from the holder next to the door (which means the lights go out too) and then go find your way back to bed (leave the TV on to light your way as that doesn’t seem to be affected); there is no mini bar or ice bucket; the bed was absolutely rock hard which is no doubt good for your back but it was pretty uncomfortable until I got used to it; the bath has high sides and is very slippery so I’d say be very careful in there. The evening meals in the restaurant did look delicious, but I didn’t eat there so can’t comment on the quality. I didn’t have breakfast there either. All in all it’s really convenient for me when I’m visiting family but don’t want to sleep on their sofa, so I will be back regularly and for a 3 star hotel I thought it was very good indeed and so based on what I experienced I will give it a 5 rating.

Room Tip: Ask for one not facing the main road.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Hastings, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Having visited two newly opened Premier Inns (Dorchester the other one) I am puzzled as to why Premier Inns seem to be moving away from their tried and trusted service which I have found extremely good.
At Reception (minimalist) touch screens are offered but I prefer the personal contact. We had two nights but with no lounge or realistic bar facilities that was quite sufficient. As mentioned in other reviews the staff are young, very pleasant and eager to please but some older heads are needed to guide them.
Our room was quiet, well furnished and the bed comfortable, but I did notice some of the bathroom fittings were not quite up to standard and the bath itself distinctly narrow and slippery. I set up an impressive wave as I entered rather suddenly!
Take care: The car park is entered at the lower end of the hotel when travelling down the Fleet Road (High Street) and not at the traffic lights.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor and well insulated from all outside noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Landfear
Plymouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Mmmm new Premier Inn at Fleet,great we thought!
On arrival we were greated by an enthusiastic staff member who was soon joined by 2 others who proudly announced they had only been open a short time.
we then asked for a PI brochure as we had had one before to plot our trips,but were told we could only access PI on line,shame!!
Check in by computer,not rocket science but not the same as the warm friendly reception we were used to from PI's,also staff talking non stop on walkie talkies,as we were the only one's checking in I have to ask why????
Our room was basic,small for a twin and rather like sleeping in an office!air con only down to 19 still too warm at night.
we were advised that after we had settled in if we would like to go down to the restaurant we would be given coffee,as there were only 2 tubes of coffee in the room we thought this was good,on arrival at the restaurant no staff member only men in suits,we were later told PI management,who ignored us!!!!
we decided to eat in "The Kitchen"walkie talkies at the ready!!maybe they could walk across to each other??
The meal was not good,1 rump steak and 1 mixed grill,oven chips which were cold and only 8 to 10 on each plate,6 green beans,burnt chicken and a fried egg which could double as a Frisbee!!!!VERY POOR!
2 Peronis £7.30 a little overpriced??
Breakfast,don't bother,no hot breakfast available,well only scraps and when more was bought was loaded onto the plates of large family,did we really have to subsidise kids eating free??After 2 attempts settled on toast and coffee,an exspensive breakfast!!!!
We were asked if we slept well,we informed 2 members of staff that the sink gurgling throughout the night had kept us awake,Good nite guarantee not offered!
We decided to leave and not spend the second night we had booked,the kitchen restaurant needs to up it's game,overpriced and poor food,availability of breakfast very poor.
The staff are very pleasant but seem to lack experience,they need a role model and guidance this is not their fault but management on PI's side.
They did refund the second night and can only thank the 2 young ladies for their thought.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank janire664
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

after staying three nights the hassle of breakfast became very annoying. Asked if we wanted poached eggs but so was everyone else & there was no times on orders. Took ages & then very poor. Didn't bother again. Juice was warm. On the quietest morning Monday no yogurts, no bread, bacon was cremated, no hash browns, hardly any scrambled eggs, no mushrooms. Coffee was disgusting. I felt that I was being taken advantage of by paying £9 to provide a free breakfast for children. Wouldn't pay again which is a real shame as convenient.

Papendrecht, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed here while hotel was just recently opened. Staff could not help that premier inn management had not done their home work of essential things to arrange when you start: enough qualified staff, enough food supllies....shame. Rooms are ok and enough space, parking free and just off the M3. Nice to visit Legoland, Windsor, Winchester and Farnborough

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Caroline G
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Over priced for what it is, rude breakfast staff, poor quality coffee/breakfast - machine coffee half filled cup for full price coffee

Clean, fairly comfortable room. Securit good, good location, parking good.

Bathroom very basic, not as clean as expected (new hotel)

cornwall
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

About 2 miles off M3 at Fleet. Fuel station opposite. Newly opened hotel so fresh and clean throughout.
Parking free but only to hotel guests, otherwise pay at meter. Ask at reception to be put on free parking list.
Receptionist got me to use automatic check-in which took a while to get used to. After driving over 500 miles from Strasbourg the same day, we just wanted to go to our room so this was a bit inconvenient. There was nobody else waiting to be checked in.
As with other premier inns,everywhere was very warm.. Noisy air conditioning no lower than 19* too warm to sleep so switched off. Breakfast was good, no queue for seating, but again restaurant too warm.
Usual PI bedroom layout with TV, sofa bed, desk, tea/coffee.
As the hotel is new,the bathroom with bath/shower was spotless.
Entrance to the hotel was at the front whereas parking was situated at the back so may cause problems in rain or wintry weather. Could do with additional rear access.
Room overlooking car park was very quiet. Soundproofing good and doors closed quietly.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fleet
Lismoyne Hotel
Four Seasons Hotel Hampshire, England
The Elvetham
The Elvetham
#1 of 1 in Hartley Wintney

Been to Premier Inn Fleet Hotel? Share your experiences!